Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Duggars Vs The Browns

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:53 PM
  • 24 Replies

So the Duggars have 20 kids. And we all have strong opinons on them, some agree and are happy, some, including me, do not agree with it, and think they need to stop reproducing. 

But what about the Browns, the sister wives on TLC? 

How do you feel about them having just as many children? They have 17 children, but they all have different mothers? So do you feel happy and that they keep reproducing? 

I don't agree with either family, especially not Sister Wives, but I'm drawn too it. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaT1983
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I kinda like the Brown's a little bit more only because it doesn't seem like they "make" their children follow in the beliefs but hope that they will. The Duggars seem to be pretty strict in how their children believe. Other than that I like both families and have no bad thoughts about them.

3totsinabox
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I dislike that the Duggar's have so many kids, but that it is on a medical level.  I don't mind how kids people have as long as they can support them themselves.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:21 PM
I don't really care or know enough about both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I dislike both religious systems that these families base their ways of life in. 

I think having that many kids for religious reasons, or any other, is just neglectful to the kids, the earth and society in genearl. I also think it's a sign of mental illness and extreme selfishness to have that many kids and to be on TV like that. In both cases, I think there is a strong element of exhibitionism in the mix too. 

I find the Duggars less likable than the Browns only because the Browns have more parents to go around and I've yet to see the Browns laugh at a kid instead of take them seriously as individuals.

Fordprefect
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I don't mind either of them. 

.shank.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM
The husband on the browns creepy me out. And he's a major Dbag.

I domt mind the duggars at all. If she wants her vag to be a revolving door more power to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I love both families. I wouldn't want a family as big as the Dugger's, and I don't agree with polygamy and the Brown's way of life, but I like both families and know they all are very loving.

Especially when it comes to the Duggars I believe any child would be very blessed to live with a family like theirs.

kameronsmommy08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM

To each their own. They don't bother me.

mommy2bRN007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Quoting kameronsmommy08:

To each their own. They don't bother me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:54 AM

i dont like the duggars..at all!!!  but omg i loooooove sister wives!!! i could never do what they do...but it totally and completely intrigues me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)