Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you explain to a 3 yr old?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM
  • 25 Replies
Ok so my youngest is in a panic. Today was the 1st time he's been aware of one of his erections. Here's the story. He had his hand in his pants earlier and just looked freaked out. I asked what was wrong and he said "its stuck" I initially had no idea what he meant so I asked what he meant. He repeated that it was stuck. So I asked "what's stuck". He pulled down his pants and started obbing "its stuck. We have to go to the dr right now mama. My weenies broke. Its BROKE. We have to go to the hospital NOW mama, its BROKE". I finally distracted him enough that the erection went away and he calmed down. But he keeps asking me why his weenie broke and how it broke. I'm at a loss guys. How do you explain that to a 3 year old? Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
opinionatedmom
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM
4 moms liked this

sorry but that is funny. just tell him its not broke it is growing, streaching so it can be as big as the rest of his body. he is too young to understand the basics of it save that for teen age years or at least 7 or so.

Seriously868
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Bumping for advice when it happens to ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seriously868
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
That's good, i need to remember that one.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

sorry but that is funny. just tell him its not broke it is growing, streaching so it can be as big as the rest of his body. he is too young to understand the basics of it save that for teen age years or at least 7 or so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notdown4games
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not gonna lie. I thought it was funny too. After he calmed down and started playing I went to the bathroom and laughed so hard I almost cried. I feel kind of guilty about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry lol that's funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloKitty86
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Just tell him its a natural part of being a boy, and its nothing to be worried about.

HelloKitty86
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

it doesn't have to be anything sexual.

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this

At least he didn't ask you to kiss it and make it better. My then 2 1/2 y/o did. He had bumped his winkie on his push bike and it hurt. I thought my mother would pee herself when I called to tell her about it. My grandma was visiting at the time and over heard the conversation. Her response was "Did she kiss and make it better?" LOL....For the record I didn't but I gave him hugs.

Niborcb
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

That's so cute... and funny. I am also at a loss of how to explain erections to my 4 year old twin boys because they both cry and say their penis hurts. I asked my husband if it hurts to have one and he said sometimes it does. One night this week one of them woke up crying and saying he hurt, but he was still half asleep and wasn't telling me what hurt. I brought him into bed with me to calm him down and he said he had to go pee and when we went to the bathroom I noticed what was going on. I just tell them it will go away, but I feel so bad because it seems to be painful for them.

Taliya12
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Hey miss lady, that is funny. I have a three year old boy and I am only dealing with pee all over the bathroom. He thinks of it penis as a sword.

But advice. Tell him what it is a muscle. Make it dramatic to. Say when you eat your vegetables it gets big and strong and point out his arm muscles to. So he knows is just not his penis but all his muscles are growing big only if he eats his vegetables of course.lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)