Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Advice/Suggestions Please!

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm married and have a 1yr old boy, I stay at home now but have worked most of my life. My husband recently retired from the military, and thank God he has found a job. Is there anyone out there who can tell me what they do through out the day, Im bored and feel useless or like I'm wasting away! My son and husband are well taken care of, house stays clean(think I have a trace of OCD) and meals are cooked. Plus all of our family is 6 hours away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

That first year as a SAHM is definitely the hardest.  I'd suggest you join a MOPs group or a playgroup that meets a couple of times a month.

Quoting Smilely08:

I'm married and have a 1yr old boy, I stay at home now but have worked most of my life. My husband recently retired from the military, and thank God he has found a job. Is there anyone out there who can tell me what they do through out the day, Im bored and feel useless or like I'm wasting away! My son and husband are well taken care of, house stays clean(think I have a trace of OCD) and meals are cooked. Plus all of our family is 6 hours away.

Kiwismommy19
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Hobby! Here, reading (both for myself and to my kid and now she reads to me), movies, many library trips in the early years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Nov. 23, 2011 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Take advantage, mops is a heat suggestion. In another year you won't gel bored!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairymom2316
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

That first year as a SAHM is definitely the hardest.  I'd suggest you join a MOPs group or a playgroup that meets a couple of times a month.

Quoting Smilely08:

I agree!

I also agree about getting a hobby. 

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting Smilely08:

Good idea.  I started with twins myself, so I have never really been bored since I started having kids!

jugglingJoin me in The Lounge for more conversation!
               Or come chat on The Park Bench!

Snuggles20
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 2:06 AM

maybe you and your kid could like go to the park and play or something like that is always fun

Mattsmom1397
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 8:01 AM
Go back to school. Volunteer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon92
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Find a hobby :) Visit parks, museums, etc. I like to do art projects and sew. I also read a lot. If everything else is getting done, I'm sure these other things will fill up your free time. Do you have classes for baby/parent things in your area? Like music or swimming? That can be a fun way to give your son some interaction and help you meet other moms. I'm a little less social but I love going places where my son can roam around free (under my watchful eye, lol ).. Its good to get out of the house once in a while! good luck! :)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 24, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I hear ya, Have you looked into playgroups?

opinionatedmom
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 6:51 PM

this is exactly why I work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)