Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

22 wks and nipples leaking?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ok so i dnt recall having this issue with my first child two yrs ago....ive bn noticing a tingling sentation and a slight bit of leaking from my breast and i ll be 22 wks preggo as of tomra....is that normalembarrassed

expecting baby          MR.And MRS. Tezinoamerican flag ribbon

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhiannon92
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Well I know that all pregnancies are different and since your body already went through this, it is preparing itself earlier and faster. I'm sure it is just colostrum :) As long as it isn't painful.. Ask your OB or Midwife if your concerned.. Congratulations!!

pegleg63
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:52 PM

With my first pregnacy I leaked horribly. I would wake up in the morning and my pajamas and the bed sheets would be wet!  It got so bad I had to sleep with a bra on and breastfeeding pads in them.  Of course after my daughter was born, do you think my milk would come in?  Heck no, I gave up and used bottles and formula.

piwife
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM

yep is normal dont worry

steviefox87
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Lol yes because this is your second one you will produce milk much earlier its ok 

Leopard44
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:32 AM

Sounds perfectly normal. i didn't leak at all until 5 days post partum,  but I was producing colostrum at 14 weeks :)

TezinoFam09
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 4:22 AM

thank u guys so much i was worried baby was goin try n cum early or it was a bad sign esp since  i plan on nursing this time around as well....

Eliptica
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 5:59 AM

its normal. your body already having gone through it is more able to be ready for delivery sooner then later and the boobies are choosing to be ready early. no issue, normal, and i say pump it early :P

motherofthree81
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:10 AM
I didnt leak with my three....but Ive heard of it happening more often after the first. Are you planning to breastfeed?
If not wet a piece of cabbage and place it inside your bra...itll dry it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicalopez669
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

i had this same problem my best friend had her baby about four months before i did and i was with her alot and i noticed that being around her baby i started leaking as well i asked my doctor and she said that was completly normal that it was just colostrum and being around other babies would trigger that. lol i thought it was weird. . CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Cookie.Kisses09
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:58 AM
I'm 21 weeks and I leak a very little. I had this problem with my first horribly! I wish I would have breastfed with him :( but I can't take it back.. Anyway I plan to BF with this one, so if I start leaking a lot its okay to go ahead and pump? What do I do with the milk?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)