Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This might seem like a stupid question...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:55 AM
  • 5 Replies

...but I was thinking about a trampoline for my kids for Christmas. They are 9 and almost 11. Their friend across the street has a trampoline and they love playing on it. My question is, how flat does your yard have to be to put up a trampoline? Our backyard isn't very big, but the flattest spot is taken up by the swimming pool in the summer. There is another spot that is big enough for a trampoline, but it slopes slightly. I don't think it's enough of a tilt to where they would fall off the trampoline if we put one there, but I'm not sure. For those of you who have a trampoline, is your yard flat or sloped?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Christy644
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:06 PM

You can always dig out some of the ground to level it. It isn't difficult really. Since the base of the trampoline ins't one solid piece.

Cara5
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I agree... level it out, or build a little platform for it that is level. Ive also seen people dig the trampoline all the way down so that the mat is level with the yard. 

Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Thanks!! Those are good ideas. I talked to my husband about it, and he agreed that this would be a good gift. We are pricing them now.

seksen
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:00 AM

My best suggestion is to have the cage go around it - we have a large yard and have it where it is slightly sloped - - you would never be able to tell when you are on it tho

allornone
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:04 AM

If it is not level the legs can break.  Try to get it as level as possible. My husband welded the legs on ours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)