Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for moms with 4 or more kids

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hello. How do you manage all 4 kids when you have them alone? My kids r 4,3, 23 months & 12 days... My 4yr old is bi-polar, adha. My 23 month old acts so much older then what she is & things she can do anything & not get trouble for it.. Im also going threw ppd bad. I cry & just wanna b left alone. Sometimes I dont even wanna get out of my bed. My 3 yr old is very whiney. Sorry everyone I just need to get stuff off my chest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
L.sands
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Have your DH or SO take over the kiddos while you go do something..Even if you just go for a long walk..Get out of the house and take some time for yourself..
momof3070809
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:26 PM
My dh works nights & sleeps til 12:30 or 1pm...he helps when he's up. He didn't help much before I had our 4th but he actually helps out alot now.. Sometimes I feel like im a failure at beening a mother..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemybaby283
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:24 PM

your not a failur that is the ppd talking. Take a deep breath...feel better.... Ok try doing crafts together to keep them occupied. When the little ones take naps implament a quiet time for the older ones where they have to sit and play quietly by themselfs. Is there anyone you can ask for help when you are alone? if not call a friend so you have someone to talk to when you need to just hear another adult, this helps me when mine are driving me crazy or when I start to feel lonely. Get a journal and write in it. Also you don't have to play with the kids all the time sometimes they will be fine with you just sitting in the room with them. As for the 4yr old can't help you with those issues and the 23m old that is the age they are at so you need to make sure you set the boundries and make it clear what is appropriate and what is not. Good luck.

clynn79
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM
I have 5 children 13,11,10,9,20 month's my 13 year helps me a lot but I have to pay her. Lol. It's hard but some how I get things done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kquad
by Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Kids pick up on how we feel.  I know my little one seems to be at his most whiney when I'm not feeling good.  If you can find someone to help out and give you a break for at least a little bit it might help.  I sometimes have to remind myself that he's just acting whiney because I'm grouchy and find an activity for him to do or go out to the local playplace... :)

angelgrl5200
by Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM

I have 7 children, 11, 11, 10, 8, 6, 5, 5......It is hard, especially if you dont have help, you just have to keep going for your kids, go talk to your dr if you have ppd, and try to get a routine going!

momof3070809
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Aww thanks everyone! I try my best. I got one friend that comes over and helps out alot when she can. I go to the doctors on Dec 1st. For my ensure birth control.& im gonna talk rto them about my ppd.
I try to talk and sit & play with each kid as I can but sometimes it dont work well. Like today I've already had a couple of break downs. I don't really got anyone else I can talk to about this so it's y I posted it here. I just am having a hard Time with alot. Im still having pains and sometimes they hurt..
the next thing that I drives me insane is my kids fight over who's gonna sit where beside me. This started before I had Sierra and even if I sit in the middle they still argue and fight over who's gonna sit on what side.
I know my oldest kid (4) and my daughter (23 month old) has a jealousy problem of each other and I think that's what makes it worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3070809
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM
I also usually do keep a notebook and write down alot of these feelings & thoughts down..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)