Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Passing down underpants?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Re-use the underpants?

Options:

Sure, it's fine!

NO! That's gross.

Other; please explain?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

OK, I saved all my oldest girl's underpants, I know where they came from, they are clean (well, were when I packed them) and well taken care of.

My question.

Would you pass down underpants from one girl child to another IN YOUR OWN FAMILY?

I'd never use second hand underpants from someone else but these are ones that I stored away. My now 8 yr old wore them when she was potty training and my now 2 yr old is in need of underpants.

Would you reuse them or is that gross?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Yes my sons shared under pants.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I wouldn't.

OliviaW.
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Reusing them for your own kids I understand but not giving them to someone else's kids. 

Buggy979
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:12 PM
No.. I have 3 girls and they always had there own, new undies... $10 u can buy a pack of 7 or more...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TylersMom999
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Yep.....i would re-use them as long as they were my own kids underpants and not someone elses.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Within family, sure. I'd rewash them before giving them to the younger kid though since they've been stored for a while. My daughter was given my sister's old panties (my sister Faith is 4 years older than my daughter). And I passed Kyra's down to my niece. I wouldn't let her use used panties from anywhere else (thrift store, yard sale and so on) but from select family members, sure.

-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Buggy979:

No.. I have 3 girls and they always had there own, new undies... $10 u can buy a pack of 7 or more...

PandTsmomjuly
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Ok. I know that I can get cheap ones but money is a really big issue right now. I'm a divorcing mom with no job not getting cs yet so going out to buy a pack isn't that simple. My DD1 has tons left from when she was little and they are free.

My mom bought dd2 her first pack of undies bc that is what she does when the grandkids start potty training but she's in a tight spot herself too.

I'm hoping (really really hard) that cs kicks in soon seeing as I've been waiting on it since freaking JUNE (finally got to court in Sept, REALLY long story).

supernoodle2
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:46 PM
No I wouldnt
lioness3e
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

There is nothing gross about it. During the younger years underpants don't get that dirty and if you wash them well, it'll be just find.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)