Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cannot catch a break :(

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM
  • 12 Replies

So, yesterday, I had someone come over to buy some things from craigslist.  Something that they were interested in was chaise lounges.  Well, we keep the pillows for the chaise lounge in our storage (a bathroom tub that doesn't get used cleverly concealed behind a shower curtain).  Well I pulled out the pillows and guess what!  My LOVELY husband decided that a good place to store his FIFTEEN POUND DUMBBELL was sandwiched in between the two pillows!  Anyone want to guess what happened next?  The 15 lb dumbbell FELL ONTO MY BARE FOOT.  Yeah.  I broke my foot.  The moving truck gets here on the 13th.  I can't hardly move much less get packed.  FML.

*I went to the ER just after this happened and got x-rays and all that jazz.  It's a hairline fracture, so I don't need a cast, but I do have to keep it wrapped, in a walking boot and use crutches.  Fun times*

Full time mom, part time vegetarian!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy644
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:45 AM

oh crap that's one of those you can't just spit on and feel better!

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:46 PM

My serious worry is being able to drive without pain because we have 24 hours worth of driving to do in 48 hours.

rebeccasmly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Ouch! I know what you are going through though! Earlier in the year I broke mine when I was extremely busy and HAD to be on my feet  a lot. My dr wanted me off my feet for 4 weeks at least because of where the break was at, he was worried about permament damage. That was impossible but I ended up in the boot for about 10 weeks because I was unable to stay off of it like I should have. I hope the pain gets better soon for you!

MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:56 PM
Oh wow!! I'd have been berating DH for that the whole way to the ER! Though he'd probably be doing the same to himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM

It sounds to me like you quite literally caught a break. LOL I'm sorry I know it sucks.

offrdngal
by Terri on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

O-U-C-H!!!!!  I bet you are resisting the urge to hit him upside his head with that dumbbell....I know I would be!!!

JuliFox
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Owie!  So sorry that happened to you.  Here's hoping it heals quickly.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Ow! Sorry! I've broke a foot before, it sucks! Is it your driving foot?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Yep.  But I managed to drive myself to the ER (while I was still in that numb shock state).  It's a hairline fracture, so I can actually function with my foot, it just hurts like hell.

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Ow! Sorry! I've broke a foot before, it sucks! Is it your driving foot?

Full time mom, part time vegetarian!

opinionatedmom
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:06 AM

hugs mean ol husband anyway :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)