Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM
  • 14 Replies

I want to donate my sons old toys to kinda purge before christmas. The problem is most places wanting kids toys only want new toys. Which is RIDICULOUS since his toys are all in great condition. I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding a place to give good used toys. Any ideas?  Oh, I live in Orlando. So if anyone in the area knows a specific place, let me know.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvemboth
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:28 AM
I just gave a bunch of ours to the woman's shelter. Maybe try there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM

I don't know your area, but maybe a local women's shelter?  Or even just your neighborhood thrift store.

baquick
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Find an women's and children shelter maybe? I assume you have tried salvation army? What about good will? Also you can donate to churches, daycares, some schools (like pre-k or something). Also try pedi offices or children dentists? Maybe your local children's ward in the hospital? A lot of small stores have a little area for children to play in while parents shop, so maybe them too?
Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollyttc1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Thanks for suggestions ladies. I don't want to donate to goodwill or salvation army. I want it to be a complete donation for a really good cause.Otherwise I would just sell them on craigslist myself.
luvemboth
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Or maybe put an ad on Craigslist looking for a needy family (that can be hard to tell if the people who reply are actually in need though).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Call the children's home in your area. Every city has a temporary home for kids rescued from abuse and neglect. Also check with your local domestic violence shelter. They need gifts for tyhe kids in their shelter. One other place is the hospital, specifically a chilren's hospital. 

sreichelt26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Check craigslist or freecycle for people who are asking for toys for Christmas because they can't afford them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Try freecycle

http://www.freecycle.org/

You can post anything that you want to give away and if anyone wants it they will contact you.

Mommybeautif607
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM
You could give to me. I have 2 year old. I love to have it. Please reply
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollyttc1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM

My son s two as well. Most of the toys are more for 1-2 year old age range. Sorry

Quoting Mommybeautif607:

You could give to me. I have 2 year old. I love to have it. Please reply

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)