Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any moms here in the insurance business??

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM
  • 1 Replies

So I'm still trying to wrap my head around what has happened the past couple days. I have been extremely stressed to the point where I've lost my appetite completely. I submitted my resume to a couple websites, not thinking anything would come of it, but because I'm trying to get my foot into any door I can to find a full time jos soon. Well a manager from AFLAC sent me an e-mail and he said he was very impressed with my resume and he would love to interview me and hopefully work with me soon. So I have that interview next Teusday.  Today, a woman from PRIMERICA called and pretty much said the same thing. So I have another interview earlier the same Teusday.....WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!!

Oh btw my mom is a spokesperson for AFLAC and her job is partners with them, and well my dad actually works for PRIMERICA. I'm guessing it's just a coinsidence, but it sure is mighty strange. 

But what all do the insurance companies offer as jobs/ careers. Believe me I would rather work in insurance, than at Target (where I'm working now, part-time).  But I hope it's not ALL comission. I'm a good sales person and very upbeat when I have to be, but I don't know if I would feel comfortable if my whole salary was based on comission. 

Please any insight into these companies would be helpful :)

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Insurance companies primarily push for sales reps, so that's likely what you're being called in to do. I don't know whether they have a combination base salary + commission, or if it's all commission-based earnings, but that's a good question to have ready to ask them when you go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)