Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My problem with disciplining my 2 year old...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

My two year old is generally a good boy but he does things like all kids do... Right now he is really into scaring the cats. Yeesh. We have two cats and one day my husband sneezed and they ran out of the room. He thought that was HILARIOUS and ever since then, whenever he sees the cats he does everything in his power to scare them to make them run away. He yells "ACHOO!", he jumps at them, he screams at them, he just tries to startle them in any way possible because he thinks it is so funny when they run.

When he does things that we need to discipline him over, he doesn't seem to GET IT. I talk to him firmly and he just mimics me. I tell him "No, we don't yell at the kitties, that's not nice, let's be nice to the kitties!" and he just stands there laughing and saying "No! Hahaha! No! Hahaha!" or babbling back in my face as I'm trying to talk to him. That's my major peeve - he isn't even listening to me, he's babbling right back at me at the same time, talking overtop of me, and mimicking me going "No, no, bad!" and then laughing his frickin' head off.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
-PB
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Have you tried timeouts or taking away some sort of privilege?  Maybe take away a toy, restrict a favorite snack, or restrict a favorite tv show, something like that? 

connorsmom1977
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:49 PM
I'm goin thru the same thing with mine. When I say " ur goin to time out!" He ays "ok" and walks to the timeout corner. I sawt his legs or hands, he just says "ouch" and keeps doing what he was doing that's after he throw something across the room & screams at me.
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Put him in timeout.  EVERY time. 

mummy24
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Thats exactly what I was going to say! My 2 year old took a while to get the whole time out scenario but now she will do her time quietly,lol! Consistancy and perserverance is all you need.:)

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

Put him in timeout.  EVERY time. 

Hearts_n_Stars
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Quoting -PB:

Have you tried timeouts or taking away some sort of privilege?  Maybe take away a toy, restrict a favorite snack, or restrict a favorite tv show, something like that? 

this.. it works

rjsmommy214
by Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:46 PM

my DS is doing the same thing right now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)