Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training? What age did you start and how you did it?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

What age did you start potty training any tips on how better to do it?

CELIA B

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM

i started potty training alexis a couple months after her 2nd day...her bday is april 29th...and i started in july when it was warmer outside...i took her to walmart, she picked out some special panties that she wasnt allowed to get wet...and then all she wore was panties..i took her to the bathroom every 25 minutes, if she went pee she got one m&m, if she went poops she got 2.  took her 2 days, and she caught on!  :) 

Celia21
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:48 PM

oh nice. goot dips :) thanks!Quoting alexis_06:

i started potty training alexis a couple months after her 2nd day...her bday is april 29th...and i started in july when it was warmer outside...i took her to walmart, she picked out some special panties that she wasnt allowed to get wet...and then all she wore was panties..i took her to the bathroom every 25 minutes, if she went pee she got one m&m, if she went poops she got 2.  took her 2 days, and she caught on!  :) 

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Mine were dry at night, so I knew they had bladder control. I devoted a weekend to training. I put them in training pants. Every half hour was go to the bathroom time. The first day I washed 5 pairs of training pants. The second day 3 pairs, after that they were trained. I've heard not to go back to diapers after you start training.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM

With my older 2 I started trying to train them at around age 2, but they were both pretty stubborn.  My older son caught on by 2 1/2 but my daughter was closer to three.  With my youngest, I waited a little longer but he was day/night trained by 3 and was the easiest to train.

Quoting Celia21:

What age did you start potty training any tips on how better to do it?

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:58 AM

All my kids were different ages.

My twins were three and a half!  Then my next son was about 2 . . . my daughter was not even 2.  She was the easiest--she really trained herself.

I potty-train the lazy way--I provided a little potty, kept it in sight and let the kids direct themselves. 

Good luck!

lightbulbNeed ideas? Potty Training Support here.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:59 AM
I did the same. I also told her she had to be out of diapers and keeping her panties dry to sign up for preschool on her 3rd birthday (the thing she wanted most). One day she woke up dry, went pee, put on some panties and that was it. She was about 2 1/2.

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

All my kids were different ages.

My twins were three and a half!  Then my next son was about 2 . . . my daughter was not even 2.  She was the easiest--she really trained herself.

I potty-train the lazy way--I provided a little potty, kept it in sight and let the kids direct themselves. 

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:03 AM
I started my son at about 18 months. I put the potty in the living room, let him run around with no diaper...and accidents definitely happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi749
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My son was closer to 3, I to went the lazy way with the potty, I also used a sticker chart. 1 for pee 2 for poop, if he stayed with no accident for the week, he was allowed to pick a toy from the dollar store.

Celia21
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Thanks for the tips !!!!

mel600
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Started at 18 months took about a week. My best tip is the puppy pee pads. Any wear they sit just put them there. Makes clean up a lot easer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)