Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we have to postpone the wedding... im so upset...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:52 PM
  • 26 Replies
We were going to get married in march and now we have to postpone it! We just had a baby we have to move and we are going to have a small Christmas now no wedding because of the move. I understand that it can't be done but its still really upsetting I'm crying about it. I love his family but I'm tired of being excluded a little because I'm not one of them yet. I know its just a piece of paper but I can't explain how upsetting it is knowing that everything you have been waiting for and planning for just to be ripped away from you because someone else can't keep their promises. I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense ill answer questions if you have any if not thanks for letting me vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Go get the legal part done and have the ceremony later?

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very sorry that you are so sad.  How about getting married at a justice of the peace - just the three of you maybe, and have the big "celebration of the marriage" later on?

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Well it would be the four of us and we were wanting this to be really special plus our family would be really upset about it! It just really sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Go get married in a courthouse and do the party part later.

laceycolston
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Quoting -42-:

Go get the legal part done and have the ceremony later?

that's what i did:)

rebeccasmly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM

A good friend of mine and her husband did this. Their family was upset at first but they understood and everything ended up being fine. DH and I considered taking off and eloping because our wedding plans were getting out of control (grandmother helping to plan that had not been part of any of grandchildren's weddings created a lot of stress!) but I couldn't do that to my dad. My mom died 6 months before our wedding and we really needed that sense of family at that time.

Quoting Bmat:

I am very sorry that you are so sad.  How about getting married at a justice of the peace - just the three of you maybe, and have the big "celebration of the marriage" later on?

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:42 PM
4 moms liked this

A marriage is not just a piece of paper, it's a lifetime committment; but a wedding is just an expensive 4 hour party. If you want to be married, do it. Have a wedding later when you can afford it.

mypbandj
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Get married now and have a reception later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Only $100 bucks. I am sure you can save that by March :) we only spent $500 to get married.

Quoting mypbandj:

Get married now and have a reception later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrskelby
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM

My husband and I were married in Vegas and then had a vow renewal ceremony for our 5 year anniversary with friends and family.  It was nice because we could afford it (finally).  Our families were upset when we did the Vegas thing, but got over it and were thrilled when we decided to renew.  I hope things work out for you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)