Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex hates my bf and wants too take my kids!!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:56 PM
  • 2 Replies

My ex husband wants me to allow both of my daughters to live with him until the first of the year because he wants me to leave my current bf whom he doesnt like. My bf has a temper but has never directed it at me or my kids. Now my oldest daughter who is 12 wants to live with her dad and my 6year old daughter wants to stay with me. i am the custodial parent to both kids. I just want to know if he can keep my youngest daughter from me since they are both at his house right now they have only been there for a few days. I cant even go to the store to buy pickles without crying. (my youngest favorite thing) I just dont want things to get nasty with him and my mother is siding with hime to make things worse!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM
At your oldest age she can say in court who she wants to live with and the judge will take it into account. But the younger one he can't keep and the judge would leave her with you unless they think your unfit or she would be better with her dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angblake76
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:24 PM

The court will let the oldest choose.  If you have custody he can't keep the younger one from you. However, when and if you do got back to court be prepared for a fight if you ex can prove your bf could possible put the kids in danger due to his temper.  Alot depends on the judges and if your mom is siding with your ex thats not good.  Some judges doesn't like to split kids up and even though its unfair that could factor in. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)