Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
Does anyone know how child support works? How do they find out where he works? How much he earns? I just resubmitted my case sind this is the first job where I hope he gets a w2! Can someone help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Pita_Dragonfly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:27 PM

If you know  his  Social  Security number and  anything  else you have on him including his  work place  they  can  get it done much faster.

They will garnish  his check once  everything has been approved. It might  be fast like  3months or  it might take much longer depending on your worker and if he has already  established being the  father .

If he is not on the  Birth Certificate  they  will have to  establish paternity and get  DNA done and  send that in..

Eventually  you MIGHT get money..

It all depends on  the  guy. 

He might not even show for any  appointments.

Mommybeautif607
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Well is even more easier if he have other kids that he pay child support on. They can find.if you know where he live they will send him appoiment to show up to give is information. But you will have to come in and give out yours.but if you have any info on him it will help a lot .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samhen
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM
They already have my info and he has had to pay $90 a month fir the last two years! He had a job that paid under the table and never gave his info! This time I am fighting it to the end!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)