Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to find a menu for my child

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have a 6 year old son who is not very active and is a picky eater. I am afraid he will become over weight like I did. I want to nip this in the butt now in hopes that he won't go down the vicious path I went down. So I was looking for a nutritious food generator and I can't seem to find one. I found one for my 1 year old from gerber which is awesome. I just want my kids eating the way they are suppossed to be eating oppossed to shoveling everything thats not so great down their throats since I work so much and don't feed them the majority of their meals.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM

bump

MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

put your foot down.  Kids will not starve themselves.  I am not a short order cook.  If my kids don't want what I make, they will get nothing until the next meal.  They can have their food reheated, but there will be no alternatitives.  Now if my kids genuinely don't like something I will make them something else (my 4yo doesn't like fish but dh and 2yo do.  I will make him and I chicken or something)

So anyway, as for snacks, I let them choose however, they really only have healthy things to choose from.  (Bananas, yogurt, string cheese, grapes, yogurt covered raisins, carrots and ranch etc...)

If you let them *think* they have control by giving them options, things tend to go smoother, but make sure their options are healthy.  When we go to the grocery store, I let them pick one or two fresh fruits, their cereal, things like that.  They feel like they are helping and the eating battle is almost non existent because "they chose" their food.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:23 PM

You could check the moms in the 

Meal Planning

group!

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Maybe something like this?
http://www.theportionplate.com/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelEyva
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of. Having a Menu for  Sun-Mon and then what to eat for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and then dinner. Almost like a chart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)