Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So upset and need advice.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM
  • 13 Replies

When my husband got home from work today, he came in and hugged me and the kids and went to turn on his Playstation 3. He started to play a game and I was cooking dinner. I was upset today because my cousin is on life support right now and they don't think she is going to make it. I really wanted to just talk to my hubby and spend a little time with him. Well, he must of had a bad day because when I asked him if he could get off the game and just come talk to me while I get dinner ready, he got really mad. He turned off his game system and said that he would make dinner. I told him that I am making dinner and I just wanted to talk to him. I haven't seen him all day. This turned into an argument and he blurts out that his life would be so much better without me because money is really tight right now. He said that he always managed his money so well when he was single and now because of me, money is tight. I pay the bills and we do what we can with what we have. When he was single, that was eight years ago. We have been married for seven years and have three kids now. I was so hurt when he said that and I still can't stop crying. I graduated six months ago with my bachelors degree and haven't found a job yet. He knows that I have been so stressed out every day because I am applying for jobs but not having luck in getting called for an interview. There aren't many jobs at all where I live but I have been sending resumes out and applying online to every place I can think of. I even applied for some server and retail jobs that pay minimum wage. My self esteem is so low right now because I can't get a job and now he makes me feel even worse by saying his life would be better without me. I know he was mad and wouldn't normally talk to me like that but I feel like his true feelings is coming out. I don't know what to do. I feel so worthless and sad right now. I need advice on what I should say when I apply for a job that is basically minimum wage when they ask why I am applying there. With having a bachelors degree, the lower paying jobs basically look at me like why are you applying here when you could do so much better. I have been told I am overqualified for jobs. Please help! Any advice will be very much appreciated.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:24 PM

First off huge hugs. I am sorry your husband said that. We both know it isnt true. he must be stressed about finances.I am not excusing him just saying why. I think he owes you an apology. Have you tried going to a temp agency? my sons did and got hired on after a month fulltime. Are there hospitals  close enough to work at? Go to their website they usually have jobs. How about a college? can you sign up to substitute teach?

Karebear6101
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I was thinking about trying a temp agency so I probably will contact one on Monday and see if they have any jobs that I would qualify for. I tried to stay positive for so long that I would hear from someone soon about a job. Now, all my confidence and being optimistic is out the window. I did apply for a position at the hospital about a month ago. I'm not sure what the requirements are to be a substitute teacher but I may check into that. Thanks for the advice!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

First off huge hugs. I am sorry your husband said that. We both know it isnt true. he must be stressed about finances.I am not excusing him just saying why. I think he owes you an apology. Have you tried going to a temp agency? my sons did and got hired on after a month fulltime. Are there hospitals  close enough to work at? Go to their website they usually have jobs. How about a college? can you sign up to substitute teach?

mamakenzi
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I would try substitute teaching and sign up with a temp agency.

Karebear6101
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:00 AM

My degree is in Criminal Justice so I'm not sure if I will be able to do substitute teaching but I am going to look into it. I am planning on trying a temp agency on Monday.

Quoting mamakenzi:

mamakenzi
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:36 AM

If they need you the school district will take you regardless of what field your degree is in.

Quoting Karebear6101:

My degree is in Criminal Justice so I'm not sure if I will be able to do substitute teaching but I am going to look into it. I am planning on trying a temp agency on Monday.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Kenzi

I'm just me, love it or hate it, ask me if I care...whatev!

http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

opinionatedmom
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Get out of the house tomarrow go get some sun do some excercises and take your vitamins. these are stress relievers along wtih sex. Tell them the job market is hard for everyone and you can be a huge asset to their comany.

opinionatedmom
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Quoting Karebear6101:

Quoting mamakenzi:

where do you llve how far away are you from county jails and prisons they ALWAYS NEED HELP

GumDropDiva
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:46 AM

well with DH sounds like he is stressed just let him cool off..... and hell probably apologize or at least talk to you..
he is just displacing his stress and blaming you right now. If you know e doesnt mean it just be strong and wait for him to figure it out himself.

With the jobs... if they are low paying or minimum wage and you think your degree will hurt ( I cant imagine why) just dont put it on the app... And if they ask why, just say it gives yo the flexibility you need for your family.

sorry about your cousin Im sure that even more wight on you. BUt from your story I think DH is just super stressed himself and not handeling it as well as you.

good luck mama hugs and i hope you feel better :)

ariesp19
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:48 AM

its called being a father and husband... a responsible adult....... did he say this in frount of the kids? let him calm down, ask him if he ment it... if he says he did, tell him hes free to be single again, your not forcing him to stay....

Arwynn
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:16 AM
First off please stop thinking your worth is based on him - or any other person.

Secondly you can teach in the elementary/high schools, etc.

What about working on campus where you just earned your degree from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)