Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

my perfume bottle wont spray anymore...anyone have tips on how to get it to work again??

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 1:50 AM
  • 18 Replies

ive tried running it under hot water, but it wont spray  :( the bottle is still 3/4 of the way FULL!!  i need some tips please!!!

by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M3Love
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Can you take the top off and use it that way? You could just put it in a different pray container or even use it by dabbing a little on. Otherwise the only thing I can think of is breaking it in something to collect the remaining perfume and then pour it into a new container, but that would be a last resort! lol... can you try taking it back and asking them to fix it or refund you? If it wasn't yoru fault, they should fix it!

AmericanChild82
by Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 4:03 AM
I agree with pp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 12, 2011 at 9:15 AM

I always do the hot water thing. You could try a wash cloth and wipe it out.  

lioness3e
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM

If you cannot get it to work call the manafactor help line, they may just send you a new bottle. I've done it with my Ninja blender. It started smoking, they sent me a new one without even asking for the old one back. Told me to just toss it. Most places are good about backing up their product.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I would take the pump part out/off, place it in water and pump- see if that clears it up. Sometimes pumps just suck and you need to use a different container.  GL!!  :)

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 12, 2011 at 10:20 AM

I've done something like this too, I let it soak in hot water and then run more hot water and try to pump water.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I would take the pump part out/off, place it in water and pump- see if that clears it up. Sometimes pumps just suck and you need to use a different container.  GL!!  :)

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM

The cord to my drip coffeemaker got hot- we'd had it for a year or so- so I called the company to ask if this was normal, and the lady said probably not, so we'll send a new one. Which was very nice. Then they sent two in different packages, so I ended up with an extra. I called and said you've sent me two, and they acted like so what do you expect us to do about it.

On the other hand, the hand mixer I bought that had two sets of beaters, the one set didn't work, so I called, and the company said too bad, but we'll sell you a new mixer, I said why do you think I would buy another of your products when the one I have is bad.

Quoting lioness3e:

If you cannot get it to work call the manafactor help line, they may just send you a new bottle. I've done it with my Ninja blender. It started smoking, they sent me a new one without even asking for the old one back. Told me to just toss it. Most places are good about backing up their product.

gingersnap30
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 11:38 AM

You can take the top off and pour it into an atomizer bottle or mister bottle to use.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 12, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I would just take the sprayer off and dab it on.

LindaClement
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Sometimes the sprayers just break. You could take it back to the store --they may replace it for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN