• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've lost all my friends :(

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM
  • 36 Replies

With this and my first pregnancy, I suddenly became a recluse. I used to be so social. I had many friends and acquaintences. Then once I got pregnant, I never hear from anyone, but I also never have the effort to call/contact them, except for maybe online. It is depressing. Because of that, I lost my social skills and am very quiet and reserved at work. I enjoy just being home with SO and DS. Tonight I told SO I don't know if we should get married because he deserves better. I'm ugly, I nag and I complain. I dont make myself happy so how could I make someone else happy. He is speechless and not talking to me. I hate being lonely. :(

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

It sounds like you are battling depression whether pregnancy is causing it or not isnt important right now.  Try going for walks , going to library as a family to get out into world more. I know you are probably tired by end of day working but activity helps lift the mood.  Do you have any female coworkers that you could go to a coffehouse and just hang out with?  I have lost alot of my social skills as well due to moving away from friends.   We usually just go to the library and able to talk to other parents so we have something in common.

mamaeagle216
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Obviously he doesn't think those things about you. He's with you because you are great and pretty and he loves you. That's why you have a life together.
And sometimes we find out who are real friends are when we have tough times. You can't really party and you certainly can't drink when you're pregnant. So I would be happy to have those people out of your life for now. Focus on your family and maybe find a support group or something fun to do around your house.
Good luck and I hope you feel better and find what you are looking for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

It sounds like you are battling depression whether pregnancy is causing it or not isnt important right now.  Try going for walks , going to library as a family to get out into world more. I know you are probably tired by end of day working but activity helps lift the mood.  Do you have any female coworkers that you could go to a coffehouse and just hang out with?  I have lost alot of my social skills as well due to moving away from friends.   We usually just go to the library and able to talk to other parents so we have something in common.

we are a one car family for now, so I dont have my car during the day while SO is at work. I have tried inviting mom friends over but either I dot hear from them or they make up an excuse. DS does like going for walks though, and thats been great. SO isnt into doing family outings.

CafeMom Tickers
63susan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Owl Feather:   You are clearly suffering from depression. At your next Dr visit you need to tell him what you are feeling and ask him what he would tell his "wife" to do.  There should be something out there that can help you.  You might have to change your diet or take a supplement of some kind.  Please if it gets to be sooo bad pick up the phone and call your doctors office.  The nurses are trained to help you.  Don't be shy there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Also, after you deliver it is very important that you watch yourself for  postpartum Depression.  I suffered from it with my last pregnancy.  I thank God I was smart enough to recognise it.  Depression is a serious condition that can be easily managed. There is no reason for anyone to be suffering with this horribly self punishing disease.  Please take care of yourself and the precious little baby you are growing.

juliette12
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM
good luck momma
ekorb
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Hang in there girlfriend. Ive been there n it sucks. .being wo a car n a way to go can make one crazy wo being pregnant. U have to stay busy here w online friends n try not to say bad things about urself to ur husband. You can vent to me by calling or chatting online Ill listen to u talk about how u really feel about urself. U need to make things right w ur man. You can do this. At work put on a smile when u see others it totally cofusses them Besides Im sure u r glowin. Eat chocolate lots of it lol helped me still does..
Sweet_Carol_126
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

You hate being lonely and yet you are keeping yourself reserved  from others and you are pushing people away from you.  It is called depression. If your child was born recently it could be post partem depression.  You should see your doctor.  If you are breastfeeding there may be limits to your medication so make sure the doctor knows you are breastfeeding if that is the case.  You are not ugly, you are just seeing everything from a negative view and it is not an accurate one.  You do have to give your firends a call if you want to see them again because you have probably pushed them away too and they think you don't want to see them.  So give them a call or have a little party and invite them over one night.  Talk to your husband first.  It can be pizza and soda or koolaid.  It doesn't have to be something expensive.   Maybe even get a girl flick to see at home.  Talk to your SO and let him know you are feeling depressed and that it may be post partem depression (not sure that is spelled right).  Remember Marie Osmond had that with one of her kids?  And some mothers get so down that they hurt their child so you don't want to go there.  You are hurting yourself because of your false beliefs.  You may need professional help to snap out of it.  Good luck to you.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Quoting Owl_Feather:

Quoting frndlyfn:

we are a one car family for now, so I dont have my car during the day while SO is at work. I have tried inviting mom friends over but either I dot hear from them or they make up an excuse. DS does like going for walks though, and thats been great. SO isnt into doing family outings.

Can you take him to work and pick him up?

Owl_Feather
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I'm due in june.

Quoting Sweet_Carol_126:

You hate being lonely and yet you are keeping yourself reserved  from others and you are pushing people away from you.  It is called depression. If your child was born recently it could be post partem depression.  You should see your doctor.  If you are breastfeeding there may be limits to your medication so make sure the doctor knows you are breastfeeding if that is the case.  You are not ugly, you are just seeing everything from a negative view and it is not an accurate one.  You do have to give your firends a call if you want to see them again because you have probably pushed them away too and they think you don't want to see them.  So give them a call or have a little party and invite them over one night.  Talk to your husband first.  It can be pizza and soda or koolaid.  It doesn't have to be something expensive.   Maybe even get a girl flick to see at home.  Talk to your SO and let him know you are feeling depressed and that it may be post partem depression (not sure that is spelled right).  Remember Marie Osmond had that with one of her kids?  And some mothers get so down that they hurt their child so you don't want to go there.  You are hurting yourself because of your false beliefs.  You may need professional help to snap out of it.  Good luck to you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lioness3e
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM
((hugs)) You sound depressed. Take care of yourself and speak with mental health professional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)