Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lyme Disease

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM
  • 4 Replies

SO and I think he has Lyme. His symptoms are just like my one friend's. She was recently dianosed with Lyme after 6 years of her doctors thinking it was a serve problem with her heart. She was put on strong heart medications and was finally able to get her something that'd help.

SO's been having bad chest pains, swollen painful joints, memory loss, aggression, depression, and his overall health is shot. He started to feel this way 3 summers ago. We have a lot of deer ticks where we live. He was outside a lot and was bitten by serveal ticks. He didn't think much of it until I said something about how his chest pains could be from Lyme. He went to the hospital once thinking it was a heart attack.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BaileynMe
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Then he needs to bring this up with his doctor. Lyme is hard to diagnose, but at least it's treatable! I have a friend who does actually have heart problems who got It and it took FOREVER for it to be diagnosed because they just thought it was problems with her pacemaker or medication.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I have a friend who was put on the med for Lyme. They didn't work so she had to get them through a port. She had an allergic reaction to the adhesive in the bandage so she only had the port 28 days. She has to wait a month to have her levels checked. Hopefully it worked.

Summer222009
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

My friend got dianosed because her grandparents didn't believe it was her heart giving her problems and demanded they test her for Lyme because we live in an area that has way too many ticks and there's a lot of Lyme cases. But SO doesn't have insurance. He can't afford it right now. His work insurance is $80 a week and after bills and child support, he's left with nothing. We don't know what to do.

Quoting BaileynMe:

Then he needs to bring this up with his doctor. Lyme is hard to diagnose, but at least it's treatable! I have a friend who does actually have heart problems who got It and it took FOREVER for it to be diagnosed because they just thought it was problems with her pacemaker or medication.

BaileynMe
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:21 AM
Do you have any low income health clinics in your area that would work with you? Maybe try contacting the local health department and seeing what they say and if there are any options available.

Quoting Summer222009:

My friend got dianosed because her grandparents didn't believe it was her heart giving her problems and demanded they test her for Lyme because we live in an area that has way too many ticks and there's a lot of Lyme cases. But SO doesn't have insurance. He can't afford it right now. His work insurance is $80 a week and after bills and child support, he's left with nothing. We don't know what to do.

Quoting BaileynMe:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)