Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me please-non parental help but still i need some help lol

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 15 Replies

My instructor is pompous and tells me my logic is flawed. I say there is an error in this question

1, 2, 4 are all true. 3 is untrue. (this all I know for fact)

So if 3 is false wouldn't that also make 5 false?

5 states ALL these statements are true. which they aren't!!!

**unless somebody can prove 3 to be true. then that would make 5 true too

All of the following are true except:

1. Cash flow can be predicted using a cash budget. TRUE
  2. A cash budget is important in determining the minimum line of credit necessary to run a business. TRUE
  3. Cash budgeting is unnecessary in small businesses. FALSE
  4. When the maximum cash balance is determined by management, consideration is usually given to the cash budget and risk factors that might affect the resulting cash flows. TRUE
  5. All of these are true statements. which by logic makes this statement FALSE because not all of the statements are true.

My life story can't be a LIFETIME movie...It has to be

a

mini-series!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Travelagtmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Well, if number 3 said cash budgeting is unecessary in small businesses unless the owner wants the business to thrive, then 5 would be false. Lol. Otherwise its a stupid question.
Christy644
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

i did point this out to my instructor. HIs reply...

There are no errors on the final exam. Re-read it again and you will see why your logic is flawed.

These questions have been more or less the same for the past 5 years, so I know they aren't flawed.

Thanks,

Christy644
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

What an ass!

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM
What an ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cara124
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM

the way i'm reading this your instructor is a dork ( sorry ) but 3 has to be false/untrue for the business to survive

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting cara124:

the way i'm reading this your instructor is a dork ( sorry ) but 3 has to be false/untrue for the business to survive

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM

#3 has to be false unless you don't want the business to survive. 

Iconoclast
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I guess three can be true if you are a child running a lemonade stand and all monies are coming from parents. Other than that Eh?  You are right if one is false they can't all be right.  The fact that the problem wasn't caught before doesn't mean that the question is correct or problem free.  Maybe the term "cash" is the issue (grasping at straws) budgeting would involve more than the cash that is taken in, right? 

Debbysewn
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I didn't do cash budgeting when I ran my small business...  I'm going to say that most small business owners SHOULD do cash budgeting BUT not all do under the principles you are studying therefore #3 would be false. 

but when you get your degree always recommend to your small business clients and friends that they do cash budgeting.

justme91755
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

The preparation of a cash budget is an important management task. While some small businesses may be able to survive for a time without budgeting, savvy business owners will realize its importance.

This is from Edward Lowe Foundation on the internet.  By that statement, your question number 3 would be true  It is reccommended but not required, therefore unnecessary to have a small business  and then#5 would be true so it is a trick question from your teacher

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)