• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hitting that point

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM
  • 1 Replies

...with my 20 month old....

What do I mean? Seems like he has become a picky eater and sleep. He hasn't really eaten much over the past week or two. He would take a few bits and then refuse to eat. Course my hubby and grandpa will feed him snacks thorughout the day as they are aware he didn't eat much so of course he won't continue to eat what I have for him. So I know the first rule is to have the men stop giving him snack food but how to make him eat when its breakfast/lunch/dinner? I do not know how he does at daycare, I will ask them Tuesday when he goes. 

As for the sleep, he would sleep in his bed most of the time when it is just me and him (hubby works out of town for 6 days). When hubby is home is when we realize that w/in 2 hours of finally falling asleep and placed in his bed, he'll wake up and want to sleep with us to finish up the final 6 hours before he wakes up. He hasn't done this before and only a few times when its me and him. When he's at granpa's he sleeps in his bed all night. 

Is this something to be expected at his age? What could we try to do differently?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Nothing wrong with snacks if they're healthy. If, say, in a given day you want him to have 3 meals with a total of X amount of fruits, X amount of veggies, and so on, does it really matter when he gets it so long as he does?
Most times, if you watch my kid at mealtimes, she eats like a bird. But during the day, it's constant snacking on fruits and veggies and a ton of drinking. Add it up for the day and she's golden, but focus on what was eaten at meal time and it's like she's a starved child. Make sense?
So I wouldn't cut snacks. I'd adjust the definition of them. Change what you call snacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)