Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I balance my life?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 24 Replies

I just want to do everything that I do not feeling so overwhelmed by it. I just want to know how a busy mom keeps her life in balance with time to spare for herself?

"Love is the most precious thing in this world"

*~The Lovely Mrs. Sykes~*

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ekh2010
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Its really hard....I struggle the same thing. I put my whole life and family on a schedule. It helps but sometimes there's still stuff that gets pushed to the next day. My hubby is kinda oblivious to everything til I'm really overwhelmed then he steps in to save the day. The things that don't get done in the day go to my list where I organize them by importance. And give yourself a break...kids enjoy the simple things in life. I remember my mom worrying bout the house....I dnt have many memories of her playing w me. I try to keep that in mind also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmynubabe
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

That's how it is with me and my son sits here bored and starts getting into things while I tried to get 50 million things done and I do end up feeling really bad about not spending the time with him. It's just I guess my life was more in balance when My husband worked one job monday through friday and i was off 2 days during the week and my son was at day care so I would be able to clean and wash clothes and listen to music and whatever else I had to do and have dinner ready by the time they got back. Then we recently moved to Reno in July and everything changed to work work work...

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM

by being organized ,having an organized home, having routines for oneself and children. Put your time into the routine do not always make your time last or the thing that gets cancelled should something unexpected happen. I did it by getting my kids in bed early at night. Through elementary they were in bed by 7/7:30 that left me plenty of time to have couple time and me time.

mamakenzi
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Being organized, delegating tasks, and maintaining a schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Help and organization. 

lioness3e
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Be organized. Putting things into perspective and doing what's important and letting go of those things that don't matter. Setting limits with your time and things in the home and outside committments. Work with a flexible schedule and routine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I think your list of 'everything' is what needs balancing.

Take a look at what you want in life, and what it is that is on your list and look for discrepancies.

If you want a calm, relaxed life that flows at a moderate pace, having a list that looks like a collection of lists from 5 different households with three adults in each probably isn't going to get you there.

The way I kept my life in balance was by refusing, utterly, to do things that were not important to me or the people I love.

smile357
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Organizing is a must. Setting aside time for family and yourself is a must.The house will still be there when your done. Hard lesson learned for myself.

itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I take one day at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvmypreemies
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Quoting mamakenzi:

Being organized, delegating tasks, and maintaining a schedule.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)