Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deadline?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM
  • 3 Replies

Any other moms felt like they had a deadline during the last weeks of pregnancy that wasn't your due date?

I'm due Feb 26th with my first, but I have this REALLY strong urge to have EVERYTHING finished by Feb 10th and I have no idea why. There's nothing special about that date, but I just feel like I can't plan anything after that day.. Work, baby showers, hanging out etc. 

Any insight would be helpful! 

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
beco8627
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM
You might be subconsciously thinking your going to go into labor early? Don't worry about "deadlines" and what not. Just get prepared for the baby (basically have the room ready) then relax! Plan other things if you want to, don't let the thought of your babes arrival dictate what you do....if you go into labor during a specific thing (get together with friends, party, etc. then it will be nothing less than a great story to tell to others! Relax mama, you will be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I agree. Due dates can be wrong, but if you get caught up in that due date, you'll just stress yourself out, so it's best to just do what you need to do and take things as they come. :)

Quoting beco8627:

You might be subconsciously thinking your going to go into labor early? Don't worry about "deadlines" and what not. Just get prepared for the baby (basically have the room ready) then relax! Plan other things if you want to, don't let the thought of your babes arrival dictate what you do....if you go into labor during a specific thing (get together with friends, party, etc. then it will be nothing less than a great story to tell to others! Relax mama, you will be ok.

NearSeattleMom
Finally, it's fall!
Thursday at 11:42 PM
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I think that's called . . . nesting!

And by the way, one of my sons was born on February 26 . . . but he was 'due' on February 17!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)