Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick toddler...... Help

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
First off I know that you ladies aren't doctors I am looking for any experiences you have had with a child with these symptoms. I will be calling doc Monday if he is not improved. Friday my 3 yr old started running a low grade fever and complained of headache. . This lasted until today. Higher fever today, still has headaches, a slight stuffy nose. He has also been complaining off and on about his tummy hurting. He has been drinking ok, but not eating very much. Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Tiger420
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Have you tried some Tylenol?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazy4u49033
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Yes I have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

When I have these symptoms it is a sinus infection. But it could be viral. 

I agree about calling the doctor.  Watch his fever or if the headache becomes too painful.  If you have an urgent care clinic it might be worth taking him there, since he feels poorly. Please let us know how he is doing?

itsm3
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

it would not surprise me if it were a tummy bug.  it's going around where i am and everyone is getting sick.

give him some tylenol and make him comfortable.  don't force him to eat; give him some light crackers or toast (in case it is a tummy bug) but nothing heavy. and no dairy for a tummy ache.

crazy4u49033
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Thanks for all your help ladies! His fever finally broke and he is much more chipper today! yay!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)