Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moving question

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM
  • 3 Replies
I have a 5 yr old soon to be 6 yr old son. His father and I do have a custody agreement where he sees him for 30 minutes on Wednesday and 2hrs on Sunday in my home however he has not seen him since christman of 09' and on the last two years he's only contacted me twice using facebook which he has since deleted so next month it'll be a yr without contact. I do not have an address for him nor a phone number and his family moves so much I have no idea how to contact them. Ok now my question is if I wanted to move out of state with my son would it be possible? I don't have any plans on it this second but don't necessarly wanna live where I am the rest of my life.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM

What does it say in the custody agreement?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I know here in California I had to file a move away order. If my ex balked at it we would of gone to grand jury but he didn't balk all we had to go is do mediation where the judge read of the order and made sure we had a visitation order. My ex hasn't seen the kids since April of 2005 and last contact was Christmas day when he said he signed the termination papers and sent them to my lawyer.

Katiebaby13887
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Doesn't say anything thing in the agreement about this. I was just wondering because I don't know his where abouts or anything
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)