Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 3 yr old wont stop biting his nails

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

my son wont stop biting his nails i have no clue what to do i have tried scolding him for it but that only lasts a few minutes, please i need help

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM

My 10 & 14 year old still bite their nails too.  All I can say is keep them clipped short and he won't have anything to bite.

proudmommy690
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM
i wish i knew what to tell you. my 5yr old has been doing this too, and she'll keep doing it..she does it before they're even long enough to trim. i keep telling her to stop she wont!! and i think shes got her 2yr old sister doing it too (or she does it herself, yuck!) because her nails arent growing either!! i cant tell you the last time i cut their nails, and yet they're short!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adahmama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM
My daughter has been biting since she was 2 (4 now) and we tried the stuff you paint on their nails but it didn't deter her. We just remind her that she needs to wash her hands often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Distract but try not to make a big deal of it.

WandBmamma
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Im 35 yo and still do. Its hard to explain o your lo wy not to do somthing u do. My 7yo ds does as well. Ive tried explaininghow he is hurting himself (he bites them til they bleed). Generally i just try distractin him when he does. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missamo
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM

i would clip them but he bites them too short for me to clip

hethnicdav
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM
My husband got our son into biting his nails. I got them both to stop and now they both started up again. My son bites them until they bleed. My daughter is now trying to bite hers. Good thing its not a habit yet. I just distract him into doing something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma4byz
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM
My son is six and bites his I hate it!! makes his fingers look gross! My other two dont bite theirs I think its because when he was young I use to bite his nails down so I didnt cut his fingers with nail clippers...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MirnaM
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM
My son does this all the time as well he's turning three next month its do bad he even cuts himself but can't seem to stop him from doing it..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)