Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh at my wits end with my 9yr ds

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM
  • 2 Replies
He is insisting on proving he can do whatever he wants. I have tried time out tried taking things away tried therapy medicine and grounding you name it. In our house we have a rule in timeout that they have to sit 5 minutes quietly without speaking. He wont sit, he will get up 1000 times. He will talk to everyone when told not to continues. He will throw the chair so we have to take it and make him stand and face a wall. Well then he will spin dance walk around just wont stand. If I make him sit on the floor he scoots all over the floor. I have been having problems with him for several months. I'm exhausted. He will scratch himself then tell the school I did it and srs ends up at my home. He is diagnosed with a mood disorder, odd and asperger syndrome. He uses this as his excuse to do whatever he wants and turns the whole system against me to do what he wants. He has learned so many bad habits from the rehab facilities where he was being treated before for anger. I don't know what to do anymore. I just cry all the time. This is not how I raised him to be. He has no respect for me at all. He yells at my husband his step dad. He refuses to respect him even though his father walked out years ago. My dh has tried to be a good dad for him but he wont let him in at all. My dh has done so much for him as well as I have yet he treats us like crap. Sorry this endees up longed than planned. If you have any ideas at all I'd love to hear them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I'm so sorry! I hope everything gets better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfrrll5
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Thanks. I'm calling his case worker Tuesday and gonna ask what they want me to do. I am in tears by the end of every night from this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)