Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM
  • 2 Replies
My son has been using the toilet all by himself with out coaxing or reminders. He will NOT poop on the toilet though, I don't even know how to help him with that lol. He will actually hhold it while on the toilet get off the toilet and poop on the floor next to the toilet. He's only 20 months so im happy with his progress, any adivce on how to get him to poop on the toilet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
M3Love
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM

My son was 22 months when we started, he got peeing in two days, but was afraid of pooping as well! What we did was continued to let him pee during the day on the potty, but we'd put pull ups on him at night and then let him poop in a pull up when he had to. :/ I was starting school and we had tried EVERYTHING to get him to poop on the potty, the poor kid was just terrified. So three months later we said bye bye to the pull ups and it took him about 2 days and now he is fine with it. From what I hear, it's a pretty common fear!

Mommy2justone
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Just keep praising him when he goes in the potty but don't scold or punish him for having accidents because that could set him back a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)