Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Hopes and dreams

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 16 Replies
hi my name is desirae, im 5 foot 3 and a half, I am turning 17 in febraury and i am a mother of 1.....I am getting very emotional right now because all my life i just wanted to feel pretty and everyone to see that inside/out... I been through so much just as everyone else but if i could for one day that would make me happy for a lifetime(Let me wipe away the tears for once) I am tired of my family acting like they're embarrased to be seen around me just because people make fun of my nose and etc I get my features fom my dad so its make me hurt when people say what a pretty baby (she must not look like her mom) or (are you sure that your baby) I had a ruff child hood i was teased, i liked girls and got beat up by girl because of that, and my family didnt seem to teach me the right habbits.etc (I didnt feel loved) (there was aways something missing) So maybe I need counseling but not everyone is serious or understands.... So i just got to the point where i hardly go outside and i distant myself....
Agreatmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justme91755
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

What you make you feel better? 

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

welcomeNice to meet you!

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2012 at 2:46 AM

hugs

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2012 at 4:51 AM
Lovely to meet you Desiree! I never once felt beautiful before somewhere around 25... I always felt fat or ugly, even when with my now dh even though he always told me and treated me as I was gorgeous... I wasn't fat or ugly but couldn't see it... I had to mature to see my beauty... Now I am fluffy but still see me as a lovely person, inside and out!!! I look at pics of me at your age and I was nowhere near fat, but felt that way! It is a hard task for some of us to see ourselves in another way than what we have felt, or even been told.... I would love to be your friend and maybe even help you find that in yourself! I know what it feels like!!! Hugs Hun! I am sure you are lovely, both inside and out!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Oh and pm me if you would like to talk! I am 32 , so not near your age, but have been there and hate to think of any young woman feeling bad about herself! It is a painful thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Jan. 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Then u do that u get a sitter for one day and u have a makeover and a mommy day with your friends cause u are pretty

prettymama0709
by Member on Jan. 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM

i know how your feeling i was that way a few years ago. its hard now but it will get better soon. you should try doing things to make u feel happy it worked for me when things were really bad. by the way im 22 so if u need help or just someone to talk to u can message me anytime i hope u feel better. 

mommy922011
by on Jan. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM

BUMP!

mommy922011
by on Jan. 19, 2012 at 3:37 PM
thanks you guys for the support:)
LindaClement
by on Jan. 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Have you seen that video 'It gets better'? Although it's about people strugging as gay teens, I think it's much broader than that...

It gets better.

You will find, out here in the big wide world of people who haven't known you since you were four and had a hearty disrespect for you because of their self-loathing... people will not look at your nose and think 'why doesn't she get that fixed?' People, in fact, will probably not know that anyone has ever said anything to you about your nose. Mostly, people who are not intent on criticizing you to bolster their own lack of self-respect, will never look at you to see what they can pick on you about...

That's so 7th grade.

Here's something inspirational for you:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)