Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help i dont know what to do.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM
  • 25 Replies

I think im going through post pardum despression. Dont know what to do. My son is a little colicky for about an hr at night. When i cant get it right i want to just put him down and let him scream. I feel like I love him when he's calm and cant stand him when he's not . I dont want to feel this about my child. I am the only one who is home with him at night.  dont know what to do about it. I'm truely scared i might hurt him. PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tranla
by Elisabeth on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Call your doctor ASAP and tell them what you just told us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Call your doctor. Is there anyone who can come care for him tonight for you? You need to get help now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:52 AM
And if nobody can help you tonight go to the er for the sake of your sob!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmom2009
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM

bump

ThePinkRobot
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Call your Dr asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetangie79
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Call your docor and try to relax.  If you are a christian read yout bible for a  few minutes and pray.  if notcall someone you trust to come over and help you.

BrittM1988
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Go to the doctor and get help... putting your son down and letting him scream is fine, no baby has died from crying.. I get stressed too, my son is 3 weeks old and cries for 3-4 hours at a time, it's tough... we're not perfect.. but get help before you hurt your son.

luvemboth
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM
I agree that you should talk to your doctor. If you really feel like you might hurt him, put him down and let him scream. He'll be just fine. Taking care of colicky babies is really frustrating, hang in there momma...it will get better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Definitely call your Dr. Do you have some one, a friend, Mother MIL to come over and help out, explain whats going on, a colicky baby is no fun and when they cry hours on end, it no fun. They might help you get up at night with him for a few nights and get your bearings. Even if your Mother is out of town, call her, she will come down and help out Family leave act
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof6nokc
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM

My son had colic.  He would cry for HOURS and hours.  I did have my DH at home to help, however we had a 3 year old and a 2 year old as well, sooooo....a lot of stress in the house  :o(

I would put my screaming son in the car and we would drive and drive and drive.  I tease him now that we drove all the backroads of Oklahoma.  The rhythm of the car calmed him down and he would just be wide eyed, looking all around.

On nights we couldn't drive we would put his car seat on the dryer and start the dryer.  Again, the vibration was soothing I guess.

I remember being desperate and thinking I would go put him in the car and lock the door and that way no one could hear him but he would be safe.  LOL!  I never did that, but I remember being so desperate in my sleep deprived brain that I thought about it.

I also put my son in his bedroom and shut the door, turned up the music and tried to relax.  I would check on him every 20 minutes or so.

Gosh do I ever remember the frustration and panic and anger at his hours of screaming.  :o(       The good thing is that colic doesn't last forever, you just have to find some coping skills to get you through, discover some things that work for you. 

I don't know if you have post partum depression or whether the stress of hours of screaming baby is getting to you---which is TOTALLY NORMAL by the way.  But find some support, take the baby for a walk if you can, relax......

"Mostly, I just stand around being fantastic."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)