Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arghh!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM
  • 16 Replies

My fiance decided it would be a good idea to spend over half his tax returns on a motorcycle...even though we have a baby due in July. I keep trying to tell him to be sensible about this and to try and think about the baby other than what he wants. He doesn't get that he needs to put the baby before himself yet, and I don't know how to convince him that! I even tried telling him outright, and he still doesn't get it. Help!!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IepurasRoz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM

good luck i didnt manage to snap my husband out of that stupid decision either when we had our first and i cant get him to sell the frikin thing because we need a car and expecting our second. stupid selfish man!

JaimeRaeLovee
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Right? Men...lol

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Oh shittles. That totally happened here. It was a street bike then multiple quads. We had nice stuff but it was stupid.

The bike went first but we both enjoyed the quads. Once he had an accident last year we sold them to help pay the medical bills.

We're happy now without that stuff.

IDK if your man will snap out of it but hopefully he does. It sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm really sorry you have a baby coming, bwecause this is a REAL BIG red flag of the future. This man is being totally irresponsible and I'm sorry you didn't see this coming before you had baby coming. Is it actually his tax return or yours, that he has decided is half his? If its yours, tell him so sad to bad and keep it. If its his, I'm sorry, you have more problems than a tax return check
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gr8d8n3mom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:14 AM

On the bright side, doesn't it help out with gas prices being so high? or is it just a toy? but I sure get where ur coming from, I sold my single cab truck, when DH & I married so we could get a vehicle to fit all 6 of us(youngest being 13!) we got a surburban! LOVE IT, hate the gas prices! uggh, can't win for loosing!

Quoting IepurasRoz:

good luck i didnt manage to snap my husband out of that stupid decision either when we had our first and i cant get him to sell the frikin thing because we need a car and expecting our second. stupid selfish man!

planning a wedding

gr8d8n3mom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea, it's hard for them to face reality. or they refuse to let having a baby & soon to be wife make them "grow up"  Want me to come over there an swack him on the head w/ a frying pan? Maybe beat some sense into him!! LOL just kidding. Have u tried taking him to the baby section of Like Khols or Target and priced stuff with him?

planning a wedding

IepurasRoz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah thats true it does saves us a lot and HE actually does the shopping because hes fitted a whole bunch of set up boxes onto his bike to put the groceries in so hes not that bad but still a car would be sooo much better

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

On the bright side, doesn't it help out with gas prices being so high? or is it just a toy? but I sure get where ur coming from, I sold my single cab truck, when DH & I married so we could get a vehicle to fit all 6 of us(youngest being 13!) we got a surburban! LOVE IT, hate the gas prices! uggh, can't win for loosing!

Quoting IepurasRoz:

JaimeRaeLovee
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM

We filed our taxes seperately because we've only been together since September (which makes everything 10,000,000 times more difficult.) He says he's going to use half of his returns to buy the bike, then half to buy things the baby needs (i.e. a crib/changing table). I think he's going through some sort of "I'm going to be a dad in 4 months and I have no idea how to handle it" crisis, but if I try and ask him about how he's feeling...well, he's a guy. You know how that goes. ):

misslady80013
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM
My better half was dead set okay leasing a new Buick instead of fixing the car we have. It took a few months but now he is listening, lol. He said he works hard and deserves to treat himself. He does work hard so buy yourself a new shirt not lease a car right before the baby comes, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hani_Mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM

He is actualy doing this because the baby is coming!!  Mine bought his two seater sports car!  I think they have this fear of loosing themselves.  It's their way of balancing it.  We do things, maybe not motocycles, but we do things.  Stop giving him a hard time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)