Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dilated before labor

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 21 Replies
I'm 38 weeks and just found out that I'm 4 cent dilated. I'm super excited, but now I find myself not wanting to do anything or go anywhere since I could go at any time (I live 45 min from the hosp, so I'd have to leave when I know I'm in active labor). I hate this feeling. Has anybody been around 4 cent for quite a while before they actually went into labor? I almost wish I didn't know now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mizkriz73
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I was at four for like a week before I went in. I am so excited for you!! Good luck. I hope everything goes alright and your baby is healthy!!

EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM

all I know is by the time we got to the hosptial(about 45min away without traffic and over a hr with rush hour traffic) in rush hour I was at 4 but didn't have time to go anymore because I needed the emergency c-section

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM
4 moms liked this

I was 4 cm and never went into labor on my own so don't make a big deal out of it. :)  It's just a number, you could be stuck there for weeks!  Or, you could go into labor in the next 30 seconds.  It just means your body is getting ready.  All 4 cm means is you have 6 left to go, nothing more. :)

laurenb1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I was 1cm and a week overdue. I had an induction scheduled for the next day, but I went into labor that night. However, my mom walked around 3cm for 2 weeks with me. Anything can happen so just be prepared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlandrum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

A friend of mine was having 7min apart contractions while driving back from Tennessee (we live in NW FL). Went to the hosp when she got back and docs sent her home because they weren:t 5min apart, However, I do believe she was 4cm, and her son was born a month later...

masonmomma
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I was a 3-4 most of my pregnancy with #2 and for the last 2 months with my youngest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imspikesmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM

i was dilated to 5 for the last 5 wks of my pregnancy. my son was born at exactly 40 weeks.  it wasnt comfortable, but once i went into labor it went fast until i got an epidural. then it slowed way down. i only lived about 5 min from the hosp then, so i never worried about it, but id be nervous being so far away too. good luck!

sandraberke
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
You can be dialted for weeks before,just means ur that much closer :) if u start to feel regular contraction id high tail it to the hossy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I was 4 cm with all 3 of my kids for the last 6 weeks of my pregnancies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaeleesmommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
My friend walked around 5 cm dialated for 4weeks. Unless you're having contractions that are actually doing something try not to get too excited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)