• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice for a new born

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
Getting my son circumsized today any advice on aftercare? Also when do u start tummy time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Whitney15
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
I just made sure I kept my son really clean, and I was very soft. I'm not sure of any other advice there is? I started doing tummy time early with my son. I have a picture of him on a boogy board on the beach at one month holding himself up on his stomach lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twixters21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Keep putting vaseline or A&D ointment on it for a long time, even if it seems to be completely healed.  The doctor told me we only needed to put it on for about a week, so that's what we did, and the skin re-attached to the base of his penis.  Our pedi had to un-attach it, and it wasn't good.  I know other people this has happened to also, so I always recommend using the ointment for much longer than recommended.

melram17
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Just make sure the area is clean and do not clean that area with wipes!  Use a soft washcloth with soap and water, the wipes are way too harsh.  About tummy time, I wouldn't stress it.  What I found with my son was that when he was ready, he rolled over and did all of the things that he was supossed to do.  So bottom line is, no need to force it unless specified by your doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)