Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need your ideas - quick!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

My parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary tomorrow.  I had a big 'shindig' planned but my parents shot that down completely.  They just wanted a nice dinner.

So, this past I organized a dinner at fancy restaurant for our 20 person extended family (this group does all special events/holidays together).  My brother and I split the bill.  It was a nice evening.

BUT, I was also going to do a bound book of pictures from the early days (met when they were 15) through today (they're turning 71 this year).  Unfortunately, I couldn't get my hands on enough old pictures and so that's not going to happen.

So, here I am - the day before their anniversary - with no physical present.  I need ideas!!  What would be a unique gift for a couple who have spent nearly all of their lives together??

Help!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Thats a tough one. Is there something they really need? Furniture? etc? Maybe gift cards! Good luck!

QueenB36
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Why dont you just make the photo book with the pictures you do have.

Maybe a nice weekend trip to the beach for the two of them or something like that.

Domonicsmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM

we made my grandparents a scrap book of all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren and now everytime there is another baby someone takes it and updates it so its always growing and changeing. my grandma loves it and is always showing it off

Domonicsmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM

go clean their house and make them dinner that works too

JazG
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM
the picture idea sounds great. Maybe you could recreate their first date or cook up the menu they had on their wedding day. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)