Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick and tired....

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

my boyfriend has been working out of state alot. leaving me home alone with the kids. not too bad, right? WRONG!!! 

we recently moved and a lot of crap happened so were really tight on money. we get our bills paid but that isnt leaving much left to to play with, which leaves us stuck in the house.

that sucks but hey, theres always crfts, games, movies, etc we can do. except my kids have decided to act out now that their daddy is gone for weeks on end and im sick and freaking tired of it! i tried being nice at first. then i started punishing when they acted out (for example my son bit me until he drew blood- he knows that is wrong). im at my whits ends and all day ive been yelling until im blue in the face! i send them to their room or time out. they dont stay. if i hold them in time out thats only pissing me off and punishing ME. they kick nd scream and hit the entire time. i take toys away and put them in the storage room and then they fight with each other, sneak to get the toys, tear up books or MY pictures, color on walls (i swear they have crayons hidden that i havent been able to find because i threw the rest away), etc.

i KNOW they are acting out because they miss their daddy but im about to lose it! im sick of his stupid job. he NEVER knows when hes leaving or when hell be back. this most recent time he left the boss gave him a few hours notice. they were supposed to be home last sunday.....but here it is wed. and he still isnt back. 

i hate yelling at my kids but ive lost control. they used to be so well behaved i never had to yell. and now NOTHING works. they ignore me. they back talk. etc etc etc. i cant stand little brats that do that crap! 

HELP! 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

bouncing momexpecting baby

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ihatelaundry
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

In my opinion the kids are not the only ones acting out. You are doing the very best you can and when you are missing a key person in your family EVERYTHING is a mess. My advise that has worked for me when my so was acting out because he didnt have control over being at moms or being at dads. It was haard! I had to bring my emotions down......talk softly, in a whisper at times, when the kids are outta control remove yourself from their presence and tell them that you can not be around them when they are tantruming because its not good for you. Tell them when they are sassy and want to fight tell them you love them too much to argue with you and when they continue you just repeat what you already said ......maybe in a soft or whisper. 

Sounds like yotu and your hubs need to discuss his job and wether or not your marraige can handle his type of work. Also, here in Oregon we have alot of stuff to do that requires little to No money you just have to look harder.

Good luck Mama

missg8
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM

hugs So sorry mommie. Maybe you can have them run outside for a hour or so. Just in the back or maybe everyone can walk around the block.  

Sometimes shutting everything down and camping out int he living room with snacks and books. Or put on their favorite music and you and them just jump around sing loud just to tire them out. 

Good luck. Hope this helped. You'll be in my thoughts.

caro100
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM
How old are your children? I would take evereything away and lock it up. tell them when they start behaving they can have stuf back. Son that bit you time out and no video games for a week. If they're school age, make them do chores,and I mean stand over them and make THEM do it. Tell them since they're acting like terrors, they can do nice things for Mommy until they can behave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Try getting into a routine and stick with it. It will help you and the kids feel more calm about what is happening.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:14 PM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)