Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know what to do(sorry kind of long)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi Gals

i really donh't know what to do.my 12 dd had called her father last friday eve she asked me if her and her sisters can go over there dads.i said no this is my weekend with you guys.then she call father back told him that i was being mean.so then the father abd girlfriend decided to come over take kids i walked outside as i was on phone with 911 the gf pushed me phone went flying.gf went to hit me so i hit back.then father grabs mehitsme then starts slamming on ground.my kids see all this but wont tell police they seen dad hit me.

let me know if this is wrong.i told them xbox,phone computer gone until they tell the truth.my 12yo told me she seen what happend but wont tell police cuz she dont want her dad to get in trouble.my 10yo dd said she will talk to only one police guy cuz she knows him.trying to get him to come talk to her.

so how long should i take things away or should i even take things away.just dont want them to talk to father cuz he will brain wash them.sorry so long.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
vkelly2011
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM
If they were my kids until they tell the truth. That's something ur kids need to learn is something to never lie about. Id take pictures of any marks you got from that.
If u don't have a court ordered custody agreement id get a restraining order and not them them see the kids for a while because they will try to muniplate the kids into saying that u attacked them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Questions: Do you have custody?
Were the police called? why are you keeping kids from seeing their Dad even if its your weekend and you don't have plans? I'm not bashing you . I need more info. Personally, I think xbox and electronics should be doled out anyway. I don't think taking it away till they "tell the truth" will work anyway. Sounds like there might be quite a bit of problems in the household. Some family counselling and parenting classes for you and ex to deal with each other. You may need to get a court order preventing the girlfriend from coming over to pick kids up. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM

This.  Perhaps you need a mediator or third party to handle the switch off as well.  

Quoting caro100:

Were the police called? why are you keeping kids from seeing their Dad even if its your weekend and you don't have plans? I'm not bashing you . I need more info. Personally, I think xbox and electronics should be doled out anyway. I don't think taking it away till they "tell the truth" will work anyway. Sounds like there might be quite a bit of problems in the household. Some family counselling and parenting classes for you and ex to deal with each other. You may need to get a court order preventing the girlfriend from coming over to pick kids up. Good luck

Full time mom, part time vegetarian!

mamakenzi
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

This.  Perhaps you need a mediator or third party to handle the switch off as well.  

Quoting caro100:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntin_mama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM

OMG I'm sorry you had to deal with this. This sounds like something my ex and his girlfriend would do. Call police. File protective order. Even if kids won't talk, this needs to be in writing. Hopefully kids will talk tho. Police are pretty convincing at getting the truth out of them. Maybe once they are in frnt of an officer, it will come out. Then make sure you change your custody order to a mutual meeting place for drop off and pick ups to prevent this from happening again. Have it in writing that they are forbidden to come to your house agian.

jldelora
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM

hi all to answer some of your ?.

!. i was following the court order.it was my weekend.i would never do that on his weekend.kids see him every other weekend that's what father agreed to.

2.we have joint custody and but children reside with me mother.

3.police were called and cps just came out friday my one daughter told the truth and the other one says she didn't see anything my mom was there too she seen the whole thing.

4.in process of getting restraining order.

5.kids have atty and i was telling him i feel the kids need supervise visits he says no.i also asked for safe exchange where a third person picks up and drops off.waiting to hear on that.

6.i did take pic of all my bruises i also have to go to court because i got a citizen arrest

Thanks to all that replied

Rae706
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Wtf? He beat you in front of your chidren and they don't want to say anything because they are protecting him? He needs his fucking ass handed to him!

Quoting jldelora:

hi all to answer some of your ?.

!. i was following the court order.it was my weekend.i would never do that on his weekend.kids see him every other weekend that's what father agreed to.

2.we have joint custody and but children reside with me mother.

3.police were called and cps just came out friday my one daughter told the truth and the other one says she didn't see anything my mom was there too she seen the whole thing.

4.in process of getting restraining order.

5.kids have atty and i was telling him i feel the kids need supervise visits he says no.i also asked for safe exchange where a third person picks up and drops off.waiting to hear on that.

6.i did take pic of all my bruises i also have to go to court because i got a citizen arrest

Thanks to all that replied

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mghtymffn
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

simple solution, pickup only at the police station from this day forward...............you don't need to talk to the father and girlfriend at all..........if the court paper says it is your weekend then that is that and take his ass to court for not following it the way he should.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)