Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im going the cloth diaper route with baby #2...advice??

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've looked at a few sites; wahm sites included, and found some good bundle/starter deals but it's stiill a little overwhelming. Any advice? Suggestions? Did you go the bundle/starter route when you started? A good friend of mine is mailing me some too! Mostly g diapers. I'm due in june
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Owl_Feather
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeni1124
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Don't load up on all one type. You may find that in theory you really like one type but in reality you don't.

I thought we'd use mostly all in ones. Turns out I HATED them! We ended up using almost all pocket diapers or fitted diapers with covers.

Etsy is a great route for buying, a lot of sellers do special orders for fabrics too. Back when my daughter was in diapers I ended up making almost all of hers and also sold them on Etsy. I quit when she potty trained, I was ready to be done with diapers forever! :)

Tranla
by Elisabeth on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Check out the cloth diapering group. They were helpful when I was curious about trying it out. I ended up not liking it, but I hope you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM
In that group :) thought i'd ask here too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katherine696997
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Quoting Owl_Feather:

Bump

Owl_Feather
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM
I did did prefolds with DS but didn't take cd'ing seriously. Id like to try again! I liked the prefolds.

Quoting Jeni1124:

Don't load up on all one type. You may find that in theory you really like one type but in reality you don't.

I thought we'd use mostly all in ones. Turns out I HATED them! We ended up using almost all pocket diapers or fitted diapers with covers.

Etsy is a great route for buying, a lot of sellers do special orders for fabrics too. Back when my daughter was in diapers I ended up making almost all of hers and also sold them on Etsy. I quit when she potty trained, I was ready to be done with diapers forever! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeni1124
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I did some prefolds, they were my "I don't have a lot of diaper choices today" back-up. Don't get the Gerber ones that people use as burp cloths. They are great as burp cloths, but not as diapers. I forgot the name of the little device but there is a three pronged thing (maybe a snappi?) that you can use with prefolds instead of pins. We used those...I knew with pins I'd poke my daughter, I'm just not that talented with sharp objects.

I don't know how you feel about used diapers but there are a lot of diaper swapping groups around for gently used diapers. That is a great way to try out different kinds to see what you like.

brittany.m.hall
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Look for a bundle package that offers you a couple of different brands and kinds.

saltyalley1227
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Have you joined the cuties with cloth booties group?  they are really helpful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)