Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it ok????

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM
  • 16 Replies
My one month old always wants more than 3 ounces of food every few hours dr said shouldnt give him mmore tgan 3 so i starteed givein him biut an ounce of water wen he still wants to eat is that ok??? I no thwy say shouldnt but it helps??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:31 PM

i heard water is not good for babies that little, if baby wants more feed him more. tell the dr to piss off.

manamott
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this
No water.

If the baby is still hungry, feed him more. I would give him the 3 oz. Then wait. Try rocking him, playing with him, whatever. If he's still acting hungry give him more food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Quoting manamott:

No water.

If the baby is still hungry, feed him more. I would give him the 3 oz. Then wait. Try rocking him, playing with him, whatever. If he's still acting hungry give him more food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabySocks0912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Feed your baby as much as he wants. Mine always ate more than "recommended". Listen to your own motherly instincts and your baby. Water is not good for baby this young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Feed your baby til full.  Make sure you're burping him every 1/2 oz to 1 oz though or he may confuse belly pain from gas for hunger. 

imspikesmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

that baby knows more about how he feels than the dr does. feed baby until he says hes had enough. hell tell you.

MrsJenL
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with everyone else!!! The dr. needs to kiss ur butt. If your son is not spitting up after more then keep feeding him more. =0)

momomommy16
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM
I gave my daughter water at one month, she had the hiccups lol. But don't listen to doctors about feeding! If your baby is hungry then feed him/her!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dkaam05
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Feed as much as he wants. A cousin had a 10lb 13 oz baby and doc said only to feed him 4oz every 4 hours. That baby cried all the time. Finally after two week they started to give him more. Felt so bad for the baby and they wouldnt listen to anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Feed until the baby is full but no water! Their kidneys can't process it that young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)