• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im not a mind reader!!! So why is it my fault if i Dont know something? :-(

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM
  • 50 Replies
I gave my daughter up for adoption and i am going to c her Sunday morning ... Me ... Both of my other daughters and my boyfriend and his son ..... I want my 13 yr old sister to go soooo bad ..... So tonight i get a call from my dad bout why Cant i just wait till spring break (CAUSE I MISS MY BABY AND HAVENT SEEN HER IN 2 YRS!!!) and he was screaming bout how its all about me and what about him ?!?! So evidently he has a surgery coming up THAT NOBODY told me about and the nite im planning on comin back he wants my sister home like 7 hrs earlier than i had planned ..... Which would mean me leavin while my daughter was in school and missin that entire evening with her ...... I havent seen her in 2 yrs and have NEVER gone this long without seeing her :-( i understand my dad wants my sister to b there when he gets home from his surgery but nobody even told me he was havin surgery!!!!!!!! Should i really cut my visit short with my daughter i gave up for adoption that i havent seen in 2 yrs?!?!?!?! Am i in the wrong for not wanting to come home 7 hrs early and missin an entire evening with her?! I Dont want my dad to b alone but my sister is 13 and is gonna b heartbroken if she Cant go .... Im scared my dad will just let her go but then will b pissed at me for him bein alone after his surgery ...... But if i tell my sister she needs to stay with dad she is gonna b heartbroken she LITERALLY cries every day over missin her niece ..... I Dont want my dad to b left alone but also Dont wanna break my sisters heart :-( she is 13 and is my bestfriend ever and we r soooo close i Dont wanna watch her heart break :( i Dont know what to do :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

First of all, do the adopted parents know you want to bring everyone with you?  or did they invite just you.  If it were me, personally, I would want to go see my daughter alone to spend time with the adopted parents and her, one on one.  Good luck. 

JADIEBUG
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Agreed. In the end leave your sister at home and go visit for the full time.

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

First of all, do the adopted parents know you want to bring everyone with you?  or did they invite just you.  If it were me, personally, I would want to go see my daughter alone to spend time with the adopted parents and her, one on one.  Good luck. 

ShesALady
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM
I also agree

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Agreed. In the end leave your sister at home and go visit for the full time.

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Yes my daughters adopted parents know my plan to bring everybody .... I have to take my other daughters regardless i could never go without them they have just as much rite to c her as i do ...... And my daughters adopted mom is basically like my family and has no objection to whoever i bring and ive been with my bf for 3 yrs now and him and his son have seen my daughter twice and we r really all just a big family .....
As far as my sister goes ...... I wanna take her so bad and she wants to go sooo bad and my daughters mom wants her to b there too ..... My "baby momma" as i call her knew my sister b4 she ever even knew me .... And they have a great bond ....... I refuse to cut my trip short i miss her toooo much to miss even a minute for anybody but me and my dad NEVER got along and we get along great now .... I Dont want him mad at me :-( im 30 yrs old and this is the first time in my life ive felt like i had a dad ..... I Dont want him mad :-( and i agree he Shouldnt b alone after his surgery but he has known bout my trip for 2 wks and just now calls screaming at me?!?!?!?!?! I just Dont c where im doing anything wrong

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Maybe he also wanted to be there. It would be his granddaughter. You can't reschedule the trip within a week?
Quoting Had3girls:

Yes my daughters adopted parents know my plan to bring everybody .... I have to take my other daughters regardless i could never go without them they have just as much rite to c her as i do ...... And my daughters adopted mom is basically like my family and has no objection to whoever i bring and ive been with my bf for 3 yrs now and him and his son have seen my daughter twice and we r really all just a big family .....

As far as my sister goes ...... I wanna take her so bad and she wants to go sooo bad and my daughters mom wants her to b there too ..... My "baby momma" as i call her knew my sister b4 she ever even knew me .... And they have a great bond ....... I refuse to cut my trip short i miss her toooo much to miss even a minute for anybody but me and my dad NEVER got along and we get along great now .... I Dont want him mad at me :-( im 30 yrs old and this is the first time in my life ive felt like i had a dad ..... I Dont want him mad :-( and i agree he Shouldnt b alone after his surgery but he has known bout my trip for 2 wks and just now calls screaming at me?!?!?!?!?! I just Dont c where im doing anything wrong

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I take it this is an open adoption, This is your child, you do not need to drag your sister, this time is for you and your other kids to visit with their sibling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM
He has never even seen her .... I guess it hurts him?? Which i really do understand ive tried to get him to go a million times and he always says maybe next time and never does ....... I Dont have a car gotta use my boyfriends so i gotta go when he has time off work .... He usually works 6 days a wk but luckily got 2 off this wk and he is using his PTO for a 3rd day .... If i wait it will b months and its already been 2 yrs :-( ive never gone this long without seeing her i Cant wait another couple months i just Cant .... Ive been really losing it lately and crying every day i NEED to c her asap i will lose it completely if i have to wait a couple more months :-(

Quoting ShesALady:

Maybe he also wanted to be there. It would be his granddaughter. You can't reschedule the trip within a week?
Quoting Had3girls:

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemouse23
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

You have 3 choices here...1st is to go without your sister...but promise to take her next time you get to see your girl.  2nd is to go with your sister and face more upset by your dad.  3rd is to reschedule a time in a couple weeks when your sister can go and your dad is healed enough from surgery.  Of course the 4th and always there option is to not go at all...but I don't like that one so I won't put that one in here.

PinkParadox
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

She needs to stay with and support her father!!!  

Had3girls
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Yes its an open adoption and a very amazing situation really :-) takin care of my other 2 girls makes it hard for me to see her tho :-( and the only issue with takin my sister is that my dad is havin the surgery that i knew nothing about till he called me screaming bout how this is all about me an what about him ..... YES THIS IS ABOUT ME i miss my baby and i tried to explain that to him and all i got in response was that he just doesnt understand why i Cant wait till spring break ..... CAUSE ITS ALREADY BEEN 2 YRS IM SICK OF CRYING I MISS HER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH :-(

Quoting caro100:

I take it this is an open adoption, This is your child, you do not need to drag your sister, this time is for you and your other kids to visit with their sibling.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)