• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Run Away Mom...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM
  • 9 Replies


I'm a 39 years old work mom. I have a 6 years old and a 10 month old. since the birth of my second child I'm being struggle with so many different feelings, my 6 years old cries over EVERY SINGLE THING, and that's make me so upset, because no matter what i do, at the end he always complain and cry, and my husband seems to back him up, and always ended up blaming me for everything. I just fell like i want  to get out of here and leave everything behind, and never look back.  I already went to my doctor and told him how i feel, and he told me it's just a fase because of the new baby... but it's taking forever, and i'm tired of it...

On top of that my Husband is on and of jobs, since september/11 and that makes everything worst...

any good advice?!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM

sounds like you're depressed, i'd call and talk to your doctor, and see if there's something they can give you...

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

i feel like this all the time sorry no advise but hang in there.... have you talked to your husband and told him how you feel?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Sounds like it could be depression...but without knowing if you have other symptoms I don't know. I'd talk to a different doctor and/or get a therapist.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Have you tried talking to your DH about standing together with you on things? Have you set aside time for JUST you & your 6 yr old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM

 You should really talk to your DH so you both can be on the same page, that's super important. Also, I don't know when you spoke to your doctor or how long you've felt the way you do but it sounds like you could be depressed and that is most certainly not a phase. You should see a different doctor or a counselor. 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Please talk to your hubby and come to an agreement on what to do with your oldest child. You also need a break. Go out and do something you enjoy. It's ok to feel cornered at times but you need to talk it out. Hang in there and remember it's not your child's fault. Just discipline him and be consistent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Thank you all for being so supportive.

I tottaly know isn't my son's falt, He is just confused as i am...and yes i always try to do some special playdates with him alone.

I definelly going to se another doctor for a second opnion, and as always try to talk with my DH about it... but let's go with the flow... 

by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM

it could be post partem (sp)  your body changes with each baby......when my second son was born, i did not even want to see him....he is 45, and i have never told him this...you know what???? i am a grand ma and a great grand ma...and i just ran away from home !!!   seriously.....and it really isnt any better. you just change one problem for another one.  i am so lonesome, and sit and cry at night.....was i better off before??? not really....just different.....and hard.......so, talk  to the dr again, or another dr....it hurts like He@@  but it does get better....we become so overwhelmed, we cant see the daylight...Bless you sweetie

by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Try a second opinion from another doctor.  Clearly you feel you are not getting better, and reaching out for help is a good thing.  Maybe you should try and talk to your husband about your feelings.  He needs to not blame you for everything.  Your feelings are important and should matter - so don't give up.  You deserve to feel better.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)