Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making frosting

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:17 AM
  • 13 Replies

I'm trying to turn sweet-tarts into powder/sugar to mix in the frosting I am making, but I'm having a hard time crushing them, a rolling pin isn't working and crushing them with a spoon is taking a long time and almost to hard for me to do now, any advice on how to crush them fast and less difficult?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM

do you have a small chopper? that might work.

mrstheriault
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:19 AM

by hand- use a hammer on cement, put them in a bag and smash away. or try a food processor if you have one with a really sharp blade. 

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Triple baggy them and beat them with a hammer. Works every time to crush things.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I'll try those see what happens

mamakenzi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Triple baggy them and beat them with a hammer. Works every time to crush things.

We do this at culinary school only we use the meat mallet.

Kenzi

I'm just me, love it or hate it, ask me if I care...whatev!

http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Maybe a pill crusher if you have one available.  Some pharmacies may even give them away for free.  A mortar and pestle(sp) may also work if you dont want to go all caveman with a hammer LOL.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:36 AM

NAh, I just went all caveman with a heavy ice cream scoop. lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

Maybe a pill crusher if you have one available.  Some pharmacies may even give them away for free.  A mortar and pestle(sp) may also work if you dont want to go all caveman with a hammer LOL.

MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:37 AM
Do you have a spice grinder? That would work wonderfully! Otherwise use baggies. Put it into a baggy & beat the crap out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:37 AM

That worked pretty good eh?  I dont mess with the pressed candies so not sure what would break them apart.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:45 AM

I wanted to do something interesting this time, I"m hoping it turns out great. i still have some more crushing to do but I'll know monday or tuseday how it turns out and I can let you know.

Quoting frndlyfn:

That worked pretty good eh?  I dont mess with the pressed candies so not sure what would break them apart.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)