Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gonna be a long night.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM
  • 11 Replies

Kyra is still coughing really bad. She's not actually been to sleep yet even though she went to bed at 6:30. It was more dozing here and there for a few minutes at a time then waking up coughing. And she just coughed herself into puking. She's a very independent, "I'm a big kid and don't need mommy" child but when she's sick and puking, she wants her mommy. Since her room is on the other side of the home from mine I'm sitting up for a while until she's actually asleep. Which, if things go the way they are now, won't be for a long time.

Yep, gonna be a long night for the both of us.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlepinkrose
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:33 AM

So sorry sick kids are tough.  Good for you for being the type to stay up.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Thanks. Yeah, it's rough on everyone. Hubby and I sort of sleep in shifts. I figure I can go to bed once she goes about half an hour or so without coughing and seems to be sleeping. Don't see it happening any time soon though since the poor kid can't go 10 minutes without waking herself up coughing hard.

Quoting littlepinkrose:

littlepinkrose
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Sad day or night LoL!  Hang in there and hopefully she will be over this soon.  In my prayers!

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Thanks. Yeah, it's rough on everyone. Hubby and I sort of sleep in shifts. I figure I can go to bed once she goes about half an hour or so without coughing and seems to be sleeping. Don't see it happening any time soon though since the poor kid can't go 10 minutes without waking herself up coughing hard.

Quoting littlepinkrose:

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:51 AM

awww poor kiddo!!  hope she feels better soon!!  have you tried putting vicks vapo rub on her feet?? that lil trick works really good on alexis when shes coughing..or even see if you can get her to swallow a tablespoon of liquid honey to help soothe/coat her throat..gooood luck!! 

mamakenzi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Poor baby, she has to be miserable.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM

She is  :-(  This is a child who actually enjoys her 7pm bedtime, and getting her 11-12 hours a night. Not sleeping well is making her miserable.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM

She smells like a walking bottle of vicks! It's on her feet, her chest and under her nose.

Quoting alexis_06:

awww poor kiddo!!  hope she feels better soon!!  have you tried putting vicks vapo rub on her feet?? that lil trick works really good on alexis when shes coughing..or even see if you can get her to swallow a tablespoon of liquid honey to help soothe/coat her throat..gooood luck!! 

mamakenzi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Hopefully her coughing will ease up some and she can rest.  Luckily she can stay home tomorrow and lay around.

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

She is  :-(  This is a child who actually enjoys her 7pm bedtime, and getting her 11-12 hours a night. Not sleeping well is making her miserable.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Kenzi

I'm just me, love it or hate it, ask me if I care...whatev!

http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:04 AM

That's the plan. Tomorrow will be a laying around resting jammie day. She'll be happy about the jammie part but the laying around part will be hard for her to do. Figure unlimited netflix on her tv and allowing the dogs in there should help her stay in bed.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Hopefully her coughing will ease up some and she can rest.  Luckily she can stay home tomorrow and lay around.

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Quoting mamakenzi:

mamakenzi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:06 AM

LOL I imagine that will aid in keeping her in bed.

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

That's the plan. Tomorrow will be a laying around resting jammie day. She'll be happy about the jammie part but the laying around part will be hard for her to do. Figure unlimited netflix on her tv and allowing the dogs in there should help her stay in bed.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Quoting mamakenzi:

Kenzi

I'm just me, love it or hate it, ask me if I care...whatev!

http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)