Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fevers

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:47 AM
  • 13 Replies
My dd is one and tonigt she woke up again with another fever and very hot. is it safe to put a koo wash cloth on her ? im so scared was thinking maybe i should take her to the emergency room. please give me any advice you have that u do for your little one when he or she has a fever. thank u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:55 AM

What is her temperature first of all?  A cool washcloth around the neck will help cool her down a bit.   Is she drinking ok still?  Keep her fluids up so that the fever does not dehydrate her.   I need to know exact temp for recommending an ER visit.

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:58 AM

how high is the fever?  A cool washcloth and a tepid bath would be perfect.  Also, a temperature rises when you fall asleep.  The fever is a GOOD thing and it's fighting off whatever bug is trying to make her sick.  

meagan0716
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:01 AM
How old is your dD and how high of a fever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoMiE2686
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:01 AM
Yes i have been giving her plenty of fluids she has been drinking okay. her temp was. 101 gave her some tylenol at 3:30am. she also has diarreha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoMiE2686
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:03 AM
She is 1 with a temp of 101 . she is very hot and ive changed two poop diapers within 10mins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:08 AM

101 is not very high.  She's got to shed whatever virus/bacteria is making her sick.  Just make sure she's staying hydrated and keep her comfortable.  Let her have her fever if she's not complaining.  If she can't sleep or is fussy, give her a little bit of baby motrin.  Good luck, momma.  Sick kiddos is no fun.

MoMiE2686
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:11 AM
Now i have a three year old with the same problem high fever of 102.7
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:20 AM

anything under 104 is perfectly safe for them momma.  Sorry they're sick.  Keep an eye on them, keep them hydrated, treat the fever only if it gets too high or they're irritable from it.  They need the fever to fight it off.  Good luck.

MoMiE2686
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:28 AM
Thank you so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:30 AM

No worries.  I know 104 sounds high, but it's really not unless they've had a history of febrile seizures.  If it's the same stomach virus we had through our house it lasts about 12 hours.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)