Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandparentless Kids

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hi ladies,

just wondering if their were any other motherless moms in the group?

Also wondering how you deal with your kids not having your parents around....and if your dhs parents help fill the void?

~Tia 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM

My daughter's paternal Grandmother died when Kylie was 5 months old. Her Paternal grandfather and step grandmother have never made an effort to be apart of her life.  My parents have always been a huge part of her life.  My dad Dad who was more of a Dad to my daughter then Granddad died two years ago and and my daughter still misses him very much.

caro100
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
My dad died 5 years ago, my sons miss him, because he helped them make things like gocarts and took them fishing and would let them go putt around their pond with a trolling motor. My mother lives with us now and I know my boys will miss her when she passes. They still have both gparents on fathers side. Gparents are great for kids, because they can be cheerleaders and not have to dealwith ugly parenting issues. I don't have any gpaents, I would be a surrogate though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_gordon
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I understand how you feel. My parents divorced when I was 9 and my dad never had much to do with me or my younger brothers growing up. My mom has lots of mental and medical issues and struggles to maintain healthy relationships , but she tries. My stepdad is a verbally abusive ass to everyone. We just moved a hundred miles away from them. Both my dad and my husband's mother lived less than 10 miles from us and never made any attempts to be grandparents, or parents. My husband's father died just after we got married. I feel it's a great idea to find surrogates to fill this need for your children. Even adults we find others to fill relationship needs that were/are lacking in our lives. In our new community, we have been very blessed to find wonderful people to help fill the voids in ours and our children's lives. You can do that too!
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

my parents live across country so she doesnt see them much.  My guys parents long passed away before she was born.  Family friends have stepped in for those roles as well as people we know in community.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)