Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Treadmill or Elliptical?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you prefer a treadmill or elliptical in your home?

Options:

Treadmill

Elliptical

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

These are my two favorite machines at the gym however my gym membership is expiring :( I have decided to purchase one of these for my home instead of renewing my gym membership. I can't decide which to get. Any advice is welcomed! Do any of you have either of these at your house? Recommendations are appreciated! Also, any ideas on how to get a deal on one?
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gretch73
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I use my elliptical every day for 40 minutes...we had a treadmill for a while as well and I HATED it.  Gave me shin splints and I felt like a hamster.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Tough one. Do a poll.  :)

Ummmm, I don't have either but have used both. I know the elliptical is more challenging but I feel like you could never have an easy day. *I* would likely go with the treadmill, so I could JUST walk, or make it more challenging by doing more incline or run. IDK! Bump for people with more experience with them. I'm more of a weights/ home  video gal.  :)

MommaRoseT
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Good idea! Poll is on its way!
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I voted. Have you considered home videos at all? I've done quite a few, and now do rounds of P90X. Hoping to buy X2 this year...

MommaRoseT
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM
No but I will check those out. Thanks!
BaileynMe
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I would go elliptical, because I don't really like running... But i would want one of those expensive ones that can move a bunch of different ways to work different muscles. Our gym has one, and ive never been so exhausted in my life! It was great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acbbsmama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM
I have both an elliptical and a treadmill. I find I get a better workout with the elliptical.
katzmeow726
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Eliptical fo rme.  Damn treadmill gave me shin splints, and they are so bulky.  If I had to choose one for my home, it would be the Eliptical.

MommaRoseT
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Thanks for all the replies! I am going for an elliptical, I have bad knees and I think its the best choice! I started shopping for one yesterday and checked out Sears and Wal-mart. Any suggestions on finding a deal?
MommaRoseT
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)