Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hellp me please

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM
  • 1 Replies

i would love some help on this isseu if some one new any thing or has been there .. my fiances partner passed away a year ago he has to kids one is 7 and one is 6 and now we have a baby on the way due in  apirl any ways the 7 year old well his been acting up alot lately we dont know if his acting or is trully feeling what he says but he only seems to bring it up when he dont get his own way  so 2nite  because daddy wouldnt go upstiars to him he started to cry and say he misses his mummy agian his done this a few weeks apart now .. then he tells him that he wants to die  and stuf like that and just keeps crying out then the next day it will be like nothing happen we dont know what to do they are going to this counsiling group wiht other children we tot that would help them but im not sure if it is we havent a clue what to do or what to say or if we should get him more help ???

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Kellyjude1
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I cannot imagine what these children are going through, especially at such a young age.  I am so sorry for the loss of their mom.  My heart breaks for these children.  The good thing is you are stepping in and trying to get them help.  Have you tried to talk to him about his feelings?  Letting him know he can feel comfortable talking to you about anything.  Open communication is so important.  He needs to know he has someone he can turn to and trust with his feelings.  The counseling group may be helping him try and deal with his emotions and that maybe why he is crying.  Let him know its okay to cry and be upset, let him feel safe with you and his feelings. He maybe acting out because he is suffering without his mom.  Does he have a scrapbook or pictures of his mom?  Something where he can find the happy times he spent with her.  He needs to know its okay and she loves him very much.  Everyone handles death differently it seems he is trying to deal with the loss of his mom the best way that he can.  Support, love and just answering any of his questions is what he needs most.  If you feel he needs more help maybe family counseling would help everyone understand how to deal and cope with such a loss.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)