Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Worried... Should I be?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:00 AM
  • 9 Replies
I'm almost 17 weeks with my 3rd baby. I have not felt the baby move and I haven't gained a pound. Worried is that normal? With my previous pregnancies I had gained about 5lbs by now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ann7227
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Well call your doctor. When was the last time you felt it move ???

agrisham13mom
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM
You shouldn't be worried and that sounds like a normal pregnancy.. Each pregnancy is different just enjoy it mama :) congrats!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rjohnson6708
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Thank you! I know I am still pregnant lol. This pregnancy has been completely opposite than my first 2. My first 2 were boys. Hoping for a girl this time *fingers crossed* lol

Quoting agrisham13mom:

You shouldn't be worried and that sounds like a normal pregnancy.. Each pregnancy is different just enjoy it mama :) congrats!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM

If you have an anterior placenta (in front) then you would not feel baby move as early as you did with your others. Just one idea. I had an anterior placenta with my dd and did not feel her until 20 weeks.

WandBmamma
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Some women dont feel the baby move until 20 weeks. Also I know not all women gain weight either, especially if you are over weight to begin with (not saying you are). I know with my ds I gained 8 lbs total and my dd I was -2lbs. If you are concerned call your OB. Otherwise this may be "normal."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I will send pink baby dust your way!! I am pregnant with my 3rd as well and this pregnancy was different than both my other two I have a DS, Dd, and this LO is a dd as well I will be having a csection march 13 :) GL and lots of pink thoughts!

Quoting Rjohnson6708:

Thank you! I know I am still pregnant lol. This pregnancy has been completely opposite than my first 2. My first 2 were boys. Hoping for a girl this time *fingers crossed* lol

Quoting agrisham13mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rjohnson6708
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Lol I'm not overweight. I was 103 before kids, 120 after my first and 160 after my 2nd but lost some now I'm 130. I was told with my 2nd pregnancy that I had a sideways uterus idk if that would make a difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Normal. Some people even lose weight the first few months.

vwd_johnson
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
If you have a tilted uterus again that could be why you haven't felt anything yet. My friend had one and she didnt feel kicks til 20 something weeks :( also like you I was tiny pre preg, my first I weighed like 114 going in, only gained 12 lbs total... Then weighed 108 after.. gained weight when my son was 5 months, then went into this pregnancy weighing almost 124 (oops) and I am 31 weeks pregnant and weigh 126 !

Try not to worry so much !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN