Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Seriously?! Just shoot me, it'd be faster...

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:29 PM
  • 18 Replies

Update: So we left the ER last night after seeing that people who had been there for 2 hours hadn't even had their vitals taken last night, gave him a second breathing treatment, and I stayed up all night to make sure his breathing was okay (he was slightly cyanotic before the first treatment). He was running around and acting all jolly at the doctor's office this morning, so the doctor was a little surprised I had taken him into the ER... until... she examined him. Poor kid has a massive double ear infection with a left ruptured ear drum, strep throat with massive tonsils, and walking pneumonia. She said, "Wow! You weren't kidding! He doesn't even look sick at first glance." (when I brought my oldest in I told her my youngest never even appears sick, so we have to watch him really carefully when he gets sick.) I said, "I know." She said, "I wonder how sick he'd have to be to look sick if he is THIS bad while still being perky." I answered, "I hope I never have to find out, because that would scare the hell out of me." So now, I'm delerious with no sleep, breathing treatments every three hours until further notice, steroids starting tonight for the pneumonia, antibiotics twice a day. Thankfully hubby gets off at 5 at which point, I will check out for at least 2 hours for a nap! >_< 

I missed three days of work and my son missed three days of school due to him possibly having mono... I was so tired after staying up with him all night that even though I work from home, I was no good to them. Tonight is only my second night back at working since my missing work (I work pretty much every night and occasionally take an evening off - I work 2-3 hours a night). My youngest just woke up with the SAME EXACT SYMPTOMS :-[ poor baby... but tomorrow, I get to take him to the doctor... I will also be up all night with him, likely... and I'm only half done with work for the night despite being interrupted 5x so far... so this 2-3 hours of work is looking more like 5 or 6... shit... 

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Damn. I'm sorry :-( How're they doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

My oldest went back to school today. He's not well, but he's well enough to go to school. He has a doctor's excuse for two weeks no pe, no recess, etc... he NEEDS to take it easy, even if we have to force him to. My youngest, not great... I'm not going to sleep at all tonight to make sure he's still got enough of an airway... they both have massive tonsils and stuff like this gets really bad (both of them eventually will need their tonsils out)... I'm hoping I can call the office in the morning and they will just call in the meds for my youngest instead of me having to drag him in there sick... he literally has the EXACT SAME symptoms (and his doctor knows I have a background in medicine)

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Kiwismommy19
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Good luck. Hope they just call things in for you. Huge hugs, I'm sorry you're having to go through so much sickness lately.

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

My oldest went back to school today. He's not well, but he's well enough to go to school. He has a doctor's excuse for two weeks no pe, no recess, etc... he NEEDS to take it easy, even if we have to force him to. My youngest, not great... I'm not going to sleep at all tonight to make sure he's still got enough of an airway... they both have massive tonsils and stuff like this gets really bad (both of them eventually will need their tonsils out)... I'm hoping I can call the office in the morning and they will just call in the meds for my youngest instead of me having to drag him in there sick... he literally has the EXACT SAME symptoms (and his doctor knows I have a background in medicine)

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Mrs_Incredible
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM

yeah... it's this time of year. we ALL get sick pretty badly this time of year. Joys of being asthmatic. 

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Hopefully after that your household will be cleared of any illness for awhile.  never fun when everyone gets the same thing but in shifts.

Mrs_Incredible
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I'm a pro at disinfecting the house after everyone's had it. LOL. We do our best to keep them separated, but they love each other so much, it's hard. They share a room, but when one is sick, they help baby the other. My oldest was sick and the youngest just wanted to lay down with him and rub his head. It's too sweet. They're not THAT sweet all the time, but everytime they're sick they are. I had it first, so thankfully I'm feeling better already... we do lots of handwashing and everything, but this time of year, when we're stuck indoors everyday, it makes it pretty difficult to keep it from catching.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hopefully after that your household will be cleared of any illness for awhile.  never fun when everyone gets the same thing but in shifts.

momo3fgr8tteens
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

So sorry. That is what happens with kids, they like to share germs especially with their siblings. I hope he is ok. 

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Yuck! Sorry! We have been passing around a massive chest cold and my 6 mo DD has it now. My poor baby!

Hope he feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 1:54 AM
At the ER with 50 other ppl with the same thing :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaeagle216
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Oh man. First of all, I am so sorry about the whole family being sick at once. You sound like you're up to your ears in sickness. But it says a lot about the kind of family you are that your kids want to take care of each other. Our kids are only 3 and 15 months so every time our youngest is sick and cries Seth's at her crib asking 'baby Abby ok?'
Gotta be tough to all be sick at once but you sound so in control of the situation. Gold star from this mama for keeping as level head as possible. I would be spazzing with lack of sleep !!! Sending healthy vibes your way!!!! Hoping y'all get better soon!!

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

I'm a pro at disinfecting the house after everyone's had it. LOL. We do our best to keep them separated, but they love each other so much, it's hard. They share a room, but when one is sick, they help baby the other. My oldest was sick and the youngest just wanted to lay down with him and rub his head. It's too sweet. They're not THAT sweet all the time, but everytime they're sick they are. I had it first, so thankfully I'm feeling better already... we do lots of handwashing and everything, but this time of year, when we're stuck indoors everyday, it makes it pretty difficult to keep it from catching.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)