Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pink Eye

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have pink eye.

And I just googled home treatments.

It says mix honey and warm milk, has anyone tried this, and has it worked?

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by Kenzi on Mar. 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I was always told to go to the doctor and use the antibiotic drops or you could lose your vision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canthaveboys1
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM

they sell otc stuff at walgreens.

kustomkidz
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quoting mamakenzi:

I was always told to go to the doctor and use the antibiotic drops or you could lose your vision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Buy similisan pink eye relief. Cheap, OTC, and much better than putting random stuff in your eyes... The only home relief I would recommend is breastmilk.

cocoa132
by Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

It's contiguous . I would take to the doctor if it gets worse. M y daughter had a sty on her  eye .I had to take her to the doctor.

cheriealanismom
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM
What she said.

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

Buy similisan pink eye relief. Cheap, OTC, and much better than putting random stuff in your eyes... The only home relief I would recommend is breastmilk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zpugs
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM
VERY TRUE! pink eye isn't good to mess with, well anything that involves your eyes isn't good to mess with. You can not get new eyes

Quoting mamakenzi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciepaige
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:37 PM
You can not loose your vision because of pink eye.

Op make sure you never touch your eye, and if you do wash your hands immediately. If you touch your eye and touch it again...you reinfected yourself again. Pink eye lives by the rule of 8's. 8 days incubation, 8 days misery. It will go away on its own...but its best to go to a doctor and get a antibiotic.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

I never heard of that.

But too bad, I don't have breastmilk. And wouldn't that hurt if you put it in your eye?

I have fake tears, it said online to use that, and it's not bothering me that much anymore.

I'm gonna have hubby walk over to the store and get me some eye drops for it.

crystalplus1
by Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Next time use a warm tea bag a few times a day for 5 min. My sister got those all the time, and thats what my grandpa said to do and it worked wonders.

Quoting cocoa132:

It's contiguous . I would take to the doctor if it gets worse. M y daughter had a sty on her  eye .I had to take her to the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured